Recombinant DNA/genetic engineering/gene splicing

IamGod

I am a senior in high school. I plan to pursue genetic engineering, specifically taking genes from one subject and introducing it into a new subject (gene splicing is it?)

I want to soak in anything and everything.

Where can I find information on the process of finding a gene in subject A and cutting it out and putting it into subject B

Google searches have failed me.

I don't understand the process of it, thus I have no idea where to start my research.

PCR machines also, how are they going to benefit me in the process of recombinant DNA.

My brother was telling me about taking a toxic gene from a chromosome and putting it in bacteria (E. Coli) and from there introducing the gene. It's all blurry to me but if you know this stuff I would love to pick your brain.

Also, if I use a PCR machine and have multiple bacteria samples and get one that acts the way I want to. How do you use that to get the gene into the host subject rather than just in this bacteria sample

I plan to carry out Conversations with anyone that knows this stuff. I know I've probably left a lot of confusion through my thought process

It is really blurry indeed. What I would recommend you is pick up a copy of Sambrook, Molecular cloning. it is a method-based book that also describes the processes involved quite well. There may also be more basic textbooks which would benefit you. At this point a good textbook is really your best friend.

I just bought the book. Hopefully after I have the basics down I can find a textbook that will have the modern day methods for Dna technologies rather than just the information. What I hate about textbooks is when I self study it is like math class in the sense that I know the process but could never in my life use it I will a real life situation.

Anyone recommend any other textbooks for introductions into Genetics or Biochemistry. What other subfields do I need to be well educated in for Genetic Engineering??

To be fair, the type of experiments you suggested have a very narrow scientific value. But the suggested book delivers protocols and is imo one of the best rounded books you could get to get an overview of current and basic methods in the area of molecular biology. For textbooks more towards the non-experimental side, the Alberts is quite good (Molecular biology of the cell). For Biochemistry the Stryer pops to my mind.

There are many more but these are the titles that I still remember.