temp

Pix

Your phrasing is a bit ambiguous. If the pressure increase is because of the current, then for an ideal gas you can use PV=nRT, where the volume stays constant. So if pressure increases by a factor of X, the temperature (measured with an absolute scale) will as well. (Not sure of your use of digits here - is that 1500 psi with 3 extra digits of precision? or something else?) In reality it would probably be less; with this method I think you would tend to create a plasma, which leaves less energy available for kinetic energy, and thus a lower temperature

If you heat and then raise the pressure, then I don't think there's enough information to figure out the temperature you have when the pressure is at 15 psi.

• 11 months later...

If a gas like say H was heated with 200,000 Amps at 1.500,000 V and then the Psi was increased from 15 psi to 1.500,000 psi

what would be the temp of the gas ?

Thanks Pix

Your phrasing is a bit ambiguous. If the pressure increase is because of the current, then for an ideal gas you can use PV=nRT, where the volume stays constant. So if pressure increases by a factor of X, the temperature (measured with an absolute scale) will as well. (Not sure of your use of digits here - is that 1500 psi with 3 extra digits of precision? or something else?) In reality it would probably be less; with this method I think you would tend to create a plasma, which leaves less energy available for kinetic energy, and thus a lower temperature

If you heat and then raise the pressure, then I don't think there's enough information to figure out the temperature you have when the pressure is at 15 psi.

Thank you for your patience.

I'll try to in. The future to explain myself better .. I have suffered all my life and severe dyslexia and maybe now my wife bought me a present of Dragon speak I will be able communicate my thoughts better. That is assuming I'm still welcome.

Thank you pics