Re: Particles and their properties

Ok so there's energy everywhere, what form is it in exactly if not virtual particles or photons?

Not really sure how to answer that. Form? It's the vacuum energy, calculated from the electromagnetic boundary conditions, if that helps.

Or is it all just extensions of the never-reaching-0 probability densities of atoms and photons?

I don't understand the question.

The photon oscillation modes are excluded, but why does that matter if there aren't hardly any photons? Isn't there a point of low energy when the casmir effect is negligible?

It matters because that's the source of the force. Yes, there is an energy minimum in any configuration. The Casimir force occurs because the minimum energy inside the plates is less than the minimum outside. Energy gradients are forces.

Not really sure how to answer that. Form? It's the vacuum energy, calculated from the electromagnetic boundary conditions, if that helps.

Well the later part of your post makes sense, so it's starting to make more sense but I'm not completely sure, so you are saying that when particles are closer together, there is a lesser, let's say, "energy density" to make it simpler, in that small space outside, because the boundaries of the electromagnetic fields and probabilities of particles never reach 0 expect for nodal surfaces, at that proximity are too high to allow modes of existence of other electro magnetic field oscillation and probability density? But if the probability of the excluded energy never reaches 0...

Perhaps at that proximity, the energy stored within the field is too great or has some coinsurance that is too often, but too often to do what exactly? How is it that the particles are excluded from these indefinite boundary just because o proximity?

Edited by SamBridge

How is it that the particles are excluded from these indefinite boundary just because o proximity?

The surfaces conduct, so one of the components of the electric field must go to zero on the surface. That limits the number of modes the configuration can support, i.e. it's a waveguide.

Mesons are quark-antiquark pairs. Virtual particles appear as pairs, either matter-antimatter or two photons.

I do not understand how a quark-antiquark is possible as when antimatter-matter pairs appear they immedietly explode, so how is it possible for mesons to form.

I do not understand how a quark-antiquark is possible as when antimatter-matter pairs appear they immedietly explode, so how is it possible for mesons to form.

They don't immediately explode. You can see a positron track in a bubble chamber. It annihilates after forming a bound state with an electron and dropping into the ground state, where the wave functions then overlap, but before that, the positron exists.

Mesons are unstable and typically short lived.