Relativistic Mandelbrott set

DarkStar8

No

Why? It surprises me that not all motion is limited to a maximum rate. Frequency is another one... there doesn't seem to be a top freq/energy that has a limit. I don't understand why all motion in a particular direction isn't effected by similar effects of special relativity.

I would have thought eventually at extremely high frequencies there would have a time dilation effect where individual photons energy would appear mass like and slow down like it was hitting a barrier like the Higgs Field.

Ok this is like Reductio ad absurdum. But I like this kind thinking.

Sorry for sounding dumb as I really want to understand, but always feel I never get my thoughts across clearly.

Okay, I'll try again.

1. In a fractal Spacetime can you have motion?

2. If you can move in a fractal Spacetime in and out is that a direction?

3. If you can move in a direction in a fractal spacetime, what do the laws of motion say when motion if very fast?

1. In a fractal Spacetime can you have motion?

2. If you can move in a fractal Spacetime in and out is that a direction?

3. If you can move in a direction in a fractal spacetime, what do the laws of motion say when motion if very fast?

The short answer is:

You can simulate any speed you like just like you can simulate a unicorn.

A physical speed is something else. The true speeds involved are the speed of light from the screen to your eyes and the speed of the electrical pulses inside the computer. Whatever appears to happen on the screen is just apparent. In a real (physical) fractal universe, zooming in would be the forward speed of some rigid body, which cannot exceed the speed of light.

The long answer is:

Einstein's papers

Edited by altergnostic