chemicals.

benzex

"actually, botulinum toxin a is something like 100 million times more lethal than ricin"

Ooh, I sense a debate coming. :) Yeah, even with similar dispersion, I'd imagine 1ug of botulin A would do more harm than 1ug ricin. I don't think that it would be anywhere near 100 million times more lethal in this scenario though, but more anyway.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"botulinum toxin a is bloody huge; its molecular mass is greater than 150,000 and they still dont know the entire polypeptide sequence."

Wow, that's some large molecule. "Today in the Molecule Weight Watchers - Botulin A!". :))

"I think lead is the most dangerous because if you accelerate to a high rate of speed with the help of a gunpowder, it can kill you pretty instantly."

Rofl. Shoot me with a 9mm lead bullet from a car, and I'll shoot you and your car with an uranium slug. :)) (Damn, I need an uranium slug first)

• 3 weeks later...

Beryllium is 100% harmless in a solid form. Beryllium is only toxic when its in a finely divided or powdered form. Having a lump of beryllium metal is no more toxic than a lump of magnesium metal. However, if you were to try and sand or polish your beryllium, you'd be in some major trouble.

Well, beryllium dust will lead to beryllosis(sp?) which is a nasy inflammation of the lungs. For some people, it doesn't cause any problems at all. But for the majority of people, the 'allergic' reaction leads to chronic, incurable intense pain and difficulty with your lungs. Cancer can result from all of the inflammed tissue.