How To Learn Organic Chemistry!

Doc.ToBe

Hi I am having problems in organic Chemistry. Please share your views and tips and websites you could refer for revision or something so that this thread can be a guide for everyone who startes taking organic chemistry for first time.

I have people saying that you do not need to cram the thing out but get the mechanisms be known to you. While others say that you must know the products formed as well as the mechanism but the products must be known. i am confused. The mechanisms seems simple and you think this will type of reaction will take place and when I look in the book it is quite different and complicated. The thing I feel I should just by-heart or cram it and it will work for my written Bord exams but not for the SAT and other competitive exams which I will give.

So help me out and others who are new to ORGANIC chemistry/

If your taking Organic classes at school then I would advise just picking a starting reagent and an end product then mechanistically going over different ways to go from one to the other. That's what I did constantly and it helped me out a lot.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I am having problems in organic Chemistry. Please share your views and tips and websites you could refer for revision or something so that this thread can be a guide for everyone who startes taking organic chemistry for first time.

Organic chemistry is like maths,the more you practice,the better.....

while learning organic chemistry keep few points in your mind....

first,learn the name of reactants

second the product formed

while practicing mechanism.........

learn general equation first.....

second,compare the mechanisms of reactents...highlight differneces eg:

in cannizero reaction same aldehydes reacts,

in cross cannizero's reaction different aldehydes reacts!