Christmas Plans.

jdurg

So what are everyone's chemistry related Christmas plans this year? For me, I plan on performing numerous experiments involving the dehydrogination of ethyl alcohol via alcohol dehydrogenase. ;):D When that is not happening, I'm going to try and rephotograph all of my elements. I plan on getting a digital camera for Christmas, so I'll set up a standard photography area so that the camera is always the same distance from the item being photographed and so that the lighting remains the same throghout. The photos I have now are pretty good, but they were taking at various different levels of light so they aren't all 'the same'. (Some were taken during a sunset, so there's a reddish-blue tint to the photos. Others were taken without a flash, and most weren't photographed from the same distance so the sizes of them in the pictures are a bit different.) Things like my noble gasses and my discharge tubes will not be rephotographed because they all look great as they are. I'm also going to polish and clean up the metals that I can. (I.E. metals that aren't really reactive in a powdered form, or toxic in a powdered form. I've got a dremel that has done a great job in polishing my Yttrium).

If we get some snow, I might also try and get rid of some of my sodium metal as well. I figured it'd be neat to throw a few small chunks in a pile of snow, and as the snow melts the metal will suddenly start to react. Should be pretty fun.

consumption of tasty C2H5OH molecules in sensible doses.

the thermal excitation of ornithological species "Turkey" - Carbonisation.

further consumption of C2H5OH (who cares about the taste at this point?).

*HiC!* what was the question again?

I have "F" class here, way too powerfull for any model I currently have built, I look forwards to using them at a later date however :)

and I`de still like to know WTF "Guess I'll have to dismember myself with regualar fireworks when the year changes" means?

"^His fireworks making supplies haven't come yet, so he'll have to buy fireworks to light on new years."

Well sort of, only that it's much harder to get hurt with commercial fireworks than homemade ones. :( Damn buggers, closed the store for this year back in the 13th of December. >:/