Experiments at a space station.

Mr Intron

The European space research and technology center have made a competition for european university students, to propose experiments that could be made at the international space station. The reason that I'm not writing in the astronomy-forum is that the experiments is encouraged to be made in a wide variety of fields. I think its a very interresting topic... does anybody in here have some good ideas?

I personaly would love to watch simple Crystals being grown in zero G.

They`re fascinating to watch under a microscope here on Earth, I wonder what difference it would make in Space, and Also making larger Crystals.

edit: another idea occured to me, for the Chef types out there, there`s a trick used when cooking Turkeys or large Chicken, and that`s to let it Rest Breast side down for the remainder of the cooking proc, that`s to allow the Juices to settle, so the breast isn`t Dry. I wonder if spit roasting a chicken or Turkey in space, would make the meat evenly cooked and tender/Juicey? :)

• 3 weeks later...

I have thought about this for so long and I now finally get to ask about it. Oh, and please argue or display your thoughts about this here! I would love to get your opinions! Here it goes:

In zero gravity, there is no distinguishable gravity that pulls one object from one area to another (and for those of you who like to think gravity pushes,,, it doesn't,,, XP) So then, we (like a person) would have a stronger gravity than whatever is around us. We would have a higher gravitational potential than an egg or something. Correct? (to my knowledge, the larger the object (greater the mass, w/e) the more gravity it produces) So then, would we not be able to produce enough gravity to move things without making a direct contact with them?

In simplistic words: a test to see if very small, microscopic, molecules move at a higher velocity towards humans or any other /larger/ object.

I am sure that the answer is "yes, they would move at a higher rate" But could this not be used for a greater purpose?

Hmm....

~Cubes