Ufc Vs Pride Fc

sepultallica

anyone watch or follow any of the major MMA sports? ive been a longtime fan of the UFC and recently got turned on to Pride FC. both are pretty much the same sport. the main differences are that the UFC uses a cage in the shape of an octogon where as pride uses a traditional ring. the rules are a little different. in ufc, you cant kick a downed opponent. in pride you can. both use a different scoring system. ufc uses the traditional round scoring where pride scores the entire match. other than that, it's pretty much the same. they even use alot of the same fighters. i see many fighters that switch between between their contracts.

i think ufc is a little more popular. i cant be certain because pride is based in japan i think. but ufc is getting some pretty big sponsors. i think its only a matter of time before it breaks in to the mainstream.

the sports are violent but they require a high degree of skill. i wouldnt mind seeing women get in on it. it's only a matter of time.

I have faught in the ring and cage nhb rules. I can,t stand haveing a reset (ring) But i am not pinned against a fence. the surface of the cage is like a wrestling mat the ring is a normal with padding underlineing. the mat is nice.

also interesting is the king of the cage, IFC, Pancration ect the event that every one gets their start in. I figure by the time i am 30 or so i will give profighting a try, keep watching

I have faught in the ring and cage nhb rules. I can' date='t stand haveing a reset (ring) But i am not pinned against a fence. the surface of the cage is like a wrestling mat the ring is a normal with padding underlineing. the mat is nice.

also interesting is the king of the cage, IFC, Pancration ect the event that every one gets their start in. I figure by the time i am 30 or so i will give profighting a try, keep watching[/quote']

i guy once hit me up to train with him. he said that i would make a good fighter. im 6'4'' and 245lbs. i told him that id get my but kicked if i tried it. i think it would be something cool to get in to though. people would definately look at you differently.

i am only able to see the events that come out on dvd. i would never get any of the pay per view stuff. 50 bucks isnt my idea of watching.

you mentioned about the reset. i know that pride is really in to resetting the fights and starting the fighters in the positions that they had. i thought i saw somewhere that ufc did that. obviously it could never be as much as in pride and i have yet to see it happen but i did hear about it. i think it was in ufc 43 or 44.