Make an official story thread

How about we make an official thread where we can post interesting and stories. Like short stories and/or books. It would be also nice for authors looking for scientific advice, and help.

Stories could be:

adventure, allegory, anecdote, apologue, article, autobiography, beat, biography, book, chestnut, chronicle, cliffhanger, clothesline, comedy, conte, description, drama, epic, fable, fairy tale, fantasy, feature, fiction, folktale, gag, history, legend, memoir, myth, narration, narrative, news, news item, non-fiction, novel, old saw, parable, potboiler, recital, record, relation, report, romance, saga, scoop, sequel, serial, spiel, tale, tragedy, version, yarn

from http://www.thesaurus.com

I suppose I could use this space to post a link to the miniforum I'm trying to start, which is basically the exact same thing as you've suggested! The only difference is that it's meant more for posting stories and not as much for general discussion of stories, at least not until things get moving and I could start posting more general discussion "threads", though the idea was that people with good technical knowledge, like here on SFN, would be able to post and leave feedback on the science and such. (You'll also notice the several entries where I repeatedly postpone the opening date—even though it's really just because nobody was posting—and making a big diplomatic fuss for the one or two members.) Of course, it's just a LiveJournal community, but for the small scale of the community it would work well.

I'm leaving tomorrow and won't be back until about the 15th, so I won't be able to help with the story thread or anything else until then.

EDIT: Bear in mind that I'm mentioning this here mainly to offer an alternative to creating a new thread (or much more likely forum) for stories, which was proposed in one form or another earlier and was met with mixed feelings because there are simply already a large number of forums on SFN, and it's not quite as scientific a topic as others.

Yep, that's why I thought a separate forum might be better suited, since short stories don't make up a scientific discussion and shouldn't really be on a science forum, and might be too big to warrant the use of space in GD and in server memory.

Unless you mean having a story thread but only posting the links to them from other sites, which would be a good compromise, since scientific feedback on stories would help, and the links would draw in more readers and feedback than would otherwise be possible.

Unless you mean having a story thread but only posting the links to them from other sites' date=' which would be a good compromise, since scientific feedback on stories would help, and the links would draw in more readers and feedback than would otherwise be possible.[/quote']

Thats an even better idea. :D

"Stories could be:

adventure, allegory, anecdote, apologue, article, autobiography, beat, biography, book, chestnut, chronicle, cliffhanger, clothesline, comedy, conte, description, drama, epic, fable, fairy tale, fantasy, feature, fiction, folktale, gag, history, legend, memoir, myth, narration, narrative, news, news item, non-fiction, novel, old saw, parable, potboiler, recital, record, relation, report, romance, saga, scoop, sequel, serial, spiel, tale, tragedy, version, yarn"

That's a lot of story-types mate. :)

However, I think I agree with YT. :I