How long did it really take God to create the universe

moneeshot

My 5 year old would think this is ridiculous but I can't let this go. I'm trying to calculate how long it would really take Yahweh to create the universe.

Taking what data I could find and some nonsense from Genesis I figured maybe d = r * t. Fairly simple approach but It's all I can think of at this time.

Standard measurements, miles and mph. What I'm doing is taking the circumference of the earth in miles: 24,901 miles(distance), 3 days = 72 hours(time) and X = rate.

X ~ 346. So traveling at 346mph it would take about 72 hours to circle the earth. Of course the earth is too small for any type of realistic(hah) data so I'll use the sun as an average size of a star.

2,713,406 miles: at 346mph it would take roughly: 327 days. 327 days to create one star so multiply that by err.. 10^13(rough estimate?) = 3,270,000,000,000,000 days to create the universe or at least the stars in it.

Well that is definitely flawed but that is why I'm here. I'm leaving out many factors for simplicity, distance between galaxies; star complexity; etc..

Using these variables could be another question to the validity of the data but from what I have this is the best I could do and come up with so far. Solar mass would be more precise and complex, if even possible but that's way above my pay grade.

These vars are just a way for me to have data to manipulate so that I have a number of days to create a star, going off the only, um, solid data for what is claimed in creation. 3 days to create the earth and since the stars are not pinholes in the night sky, I'm attempting to do the math.

I feel I should add that this is in no way related to creationism, I'm just curious about the possible results.

Edited by moneeshot

God is outside of time, you have a very smart 5 year old. God thought like this - you take a pool shot and one shot puts all the balls in all the pockets. How long did it take you to take this shot? A millisecond, everything took place because you calculated and it took you nearly zero time to take the shot and the shot produced the result. So it took God no time.

Now the universe looks like it is 13.7 million years old. That statistic is because light from the most distant stars took 13.7 light years, a distance light travels in a year understanding light speed is the fastest speed.

You are taking the concept of three days from the bible when an original translation could very well be periods of time. Man choose 24 hours not God. A day to God is a period of change different than the period before.

For example Jesus was burried in the ground three days the way that Jonah was burried in the whale three days. But without the eclipse a problem exists with time. God through in an eclispe lasting hours and that counts. In other words, without understanding you are substituting human concepts to an all powerful God. All powerful means he can do what ever he wants. It is us he wants and he made the universe for us and it glorifies God. Your 5 year old gets it. Remember the phrase- to have the faith of a child, it is because they get it before we cloud their heads..

Edited by Nobrainer