bromine is too sweet.

jdurg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"i'm going to write an email to the al-chymist telling them how they almost completely screwed me over"

Hmm? Because of the bromine impurities? And didn't Al-chymist stop selling... stuff just recently (which was the reason they had the sale with low prices and all)?

Are you sure there wasn't a small print that said "This KI has great amounts of KBr impurities that will kill you if you use it for anything"? :)

Edit: Btw, was Al-chymist one of those chem providers who don't sell outside US?

i dont agree. you don't want bromide impurities with your KI. i totally messed up my reaction and i couldn't sleep in my room that night. had a difficult time hiding this from my mother. my father was in my room at the time, so i had a difficult time trying to display the urgency of the situation without making him panic:\

bromine is not fun. at all.

what your dad lets you do these experiments i have to wait untill they go out before i can do mine but its not that bad dad works away and mums on call so my parents are hardly here, this is an example of how strict my parents are i wanted to do a simple electrolesis when i was about 12-13 years old and to do that i had to beg my parents, then i had to do it outside and away from the house, so now i just wait untill they are out before i do them and heres a thing to remember its much easier to say sorry then it is to ask for permision:))))

and so they should! sounds like you have good and well ballanced parents! :)

I know when I become a dad, my child will have the Chemistry set from hell, and full supervision/encouragement :)

coupled with anything else he/she wants to mess with or is curious about :)

I would reccomend that you share your work with them tho, esp the succeses!

that when you BAD up, it`s just "One of those things Son" :))

"I know when I become a dad, my child will have the Chemistry set from hell, and full supervision/encouragement :)"

Are you going to find out if it's a boy or girl before the birth? More than boys, girls tend to have odd habits like "I don't like blowing things up with lethal and corrosive chemicals". :))

Well OK, point taken. :) And now that we're talking about demolition, I might even say that men are generally less careful with explosives than women, or then I'm just missing all the articles about WOMEN receiving grade three burns or losing bodyparts due to making a fatal and stupid, chemical related mistake. :P

oh boy have YOU ever not met the right Girly then! :)))

I can discuss Science all day long with mine, and yes, even Sci-Fi!

she`s my A Number 1 Lab assitant too, and often gives me ideas for experimentation adaptions/allterations.

how cool is that! :)

ya gotta find the right Girl dude :)

well she`s either worth staying with and helping out, or she aint :)

anyway, Bromine! (semi-current topic rellated) keep WELL AWAY from it and it`s salts if you wish to maintain any type of Libido (sex drive) too!

it has a somewhat deleterious effect upon it :)