Tennis elbow

Is it possible to get tenis elbow from using computer mouse too often , and holding hand in a wrong possition ?

That's doubtful. Tennis elbow is normally associated with overexertion, true, but also with overextension, with the arm fully extended out. That doesn't sound like a normal mouse hand/arm position. The pain is usually just above the outer part of the elbow.

Carpal tunnel syndrome is the one I usually think of when someone mentions repetitive keyboard/mouse use. Is this your pain? If so, where do you feel it most?

It's not my pain :) I just read it in some magazine, and it looked oddly to me, so I post topic, to see if anybody knows something more about this.

" Tennis elbow is a combination of chronic exhaustion and strain in the muscles that lift the wrist and fingers (the muscles of the back of the forearm), and/or inflamation of their tendons. One problem may be more prominent than the other. Hot, sharp pain right at the elbow probably indicates more of a tendinitis. A more aching pain that may spread through the whole arm typically may indicate a more muscular case of tennis elbow.

forearm.jpg The muscles of the back of the forearm gather into a single tendon. In tennis elbow, both the tendon and the muscles themselves may be the source of pain.

Obviously, this condition earned its name because tennis often causes it, but these days it is more commonly caused by computer usage and would be better described as “computer elbow.”

It seems like one of those conditions that has a broad array of definitions and causes, depending on which source you use. You didn't cite your source, so I have no idea how reliable it is. And my experience was with a much more strenuous physical activity, and is likely to be outdated for use as a modern diagnosis. If the same injury definition can be used for racquetball AND surfing the web, it does seem very odd.