10 best quotes

I mentioned this in another thread but, I thought I would bring it here since it is more appropriate.

I was thinking we should have a page on the front of the website that displays the 10 best quotes on SFN.

There are many options in doing this for example, 10 best quotes of the month, year, or just 10 best of all time.

Doing it by month or year, we would need some form of voting and submitting of new quotes during the month/year.

10 best of all time would be the easiest route but I think recycling quotes and having new ones up often would make it more interesting.

The quotes of course would have to be original and posted by members of this forum.let me know what ya think :)

this is the best quote from this site, i dunno if its still there, may have been removed as its irrelavant to the thread, but it was there, it was funny!

(check out the quote which YT posted in his post to understand it)

yt quote.JPG

I mean best as in, what everyone thinks is best. If its funny, serious, rediculous whatever, it would have to get voted by SFN members to make the list, so... catagory doesn't matter, it would just be what everyone thought deserved to be on the 10 best list.

This would be my first choice, posted by Sayonara:

As a member of society, you really ought to be more aware of what is going on around you. It affects everyone, and some of them are probably people you care for.

I like this one.

I don't see how stating that a problem with Internet Explorer is a problem with Internet Explorer and not with Windows is the same as "defending Windows"' date=' particularly since Windows was not actually under any kind of attack, and I didn't defend anything.

[/quote']

• 2 weeks later...

i remember now... the best one which was too long to fit as my sig:

superconductors are affected by gravity
How so?
In the same way that cats and chairs are.

Honestly' date=' don't you know any physics? :)[/quote']

No...I've been faking it. :D

that one rocked (remember that swansont is a physicist)

yeah i know, i couldnt find the other thread... i did a search for "quote" and it came up with nothing, I thought it was in suggestions so i came here and posted here, im aware there is another one, sorry.

General Discussions, amazingly.

Also, you should have searched for 'quotes', not 'quote'.

"We do not need 2 threads for the posting of quotes, most of which have been in the other thread already."

That's what they want us to think. :eek:

But back to the topic, I'd like a collection of the top ten best quotes. :P (...Preferably picked through democratic voting. Yay for democracy! :) )