Vector and Cartesian Coordinates (URGENT PLEASE HELP)

Your equation 2 is correct, but how you got to it is not. You cannot divide by a vector in the way you have.

I think all the question is asking you to do is work out the scalar product in 2d. The answer should be just a number.

Your equation 2 is correct, but how you got to it is not. You cannot divide by a vector in the way you have.

I think all the question is asking you to do is work out the scalar product in 2d. The answer should be just a number.

Hi ajb,

So using the information I have, how can I obtain a value for V^mu ?? Is there something simple I'm missing?

Hi ajb,

So using the information I have, how can I obtain a value for V^mu ?? Is there something simple I'm missing?

It simply isn't a case of:

V^ mu = V^nu is it?

In which case V^mu = (3,1)

[math]{V^\mu } = {V_\upsilon }[/math]

Well that wasn't what you said in the first post, which was why I asked about your notation.

Are you talking about contravarient and covarient or column vectors and row vectors?

To premultiply by the square matrix you need a column vector.

Edited by studiot