Makin Island, Wisdom in small quanities

rigney

A little atoll, Makin Island; but a piece of history in the Pacific that we should never forget. The first is a documentary. The second, a movie made in the later forties or early fifties. When remembering such things as this have slipped from our minds, it's only a matter of time 'til we internally destroy ourselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=C6f_FvZpm3g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMBPsb6Euu4

Edited by rigney

I don't know whether to curse or thank you. :P

You're about to chew large amounts of my time, but the uploader on youtube has a real trove of classic 1940/50s movies. Realplayer is running hot downloading them. :D

And his website has the first 9 eps of the original "Lone Ranger"!!!! Awesome.

Edited by JohnB

I don't know whether to curse or thank you. :P

You're about to chew large amounts of my time, but the uploader on youtube has a real trove of classic 1940/50s movies. Realplayer is running hot downloading them. :D

And his website has the first 9 eps of the original "Lone Ranger"!!!! Awesome.

Sorry about that JohnB. The movie was just some of our good old U.S. of A. propaganda during WWII, but the documentary about that little atoll is pure gold. Our main problem today is that many of us have moved into this modern era so quickly we have forgotten that the past is what brought us here. On occasion we all need a good: "swift kick", to get our attention. Edited by rigney