smoke bombs

boris_73

if anybody has ever thought about making smoke bombs i advise you not too unless you live in a big open area, i have just made a smoke bomb today infact 10 minutes ago, i got the recipe from unitednuclear i thought this might be a bit of fun to do, so i got out the icing sugar potassium nitrate heated it ect, and i poured it in to a cardboard tube i filled it to the top, but there was some left over about 5g worth which dried quickly so i decide to light to see what it looks like and while i am doing that the other one can dry firstly small amounts of smoke are given off then alot and i mean alot, thick dense smoke, which blew back into my house( the back door was open bad mistake) setting the fire alarms of in my kitchen, the smoke travelled all the way through my dining room into the living room luckly by the time it got to my living room the smoke was about as thick as when you burn toast now then this is where my problem comes in i have about 45g of this stuff in a cardboard tube and if the 5g is anything to go by i am going to have a major problem when i light the big one, so i advise people not to make it. it would be good on halloween or paintballing ect but not for any day in the week because it will cause huge suspicion

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how long will this mixture keep, because i could just put it away and if i ever wanted it its there, but what i dont want it to do is go off in my house then i would be pis**d

Edit: so would my parent's :D but they only have about 6 months left of me maybe a bit more

i remember my first kno3/sucrose reaction. it was a few years ago and i had yet to take a chem class, although i did have a good understanding of chem (i tell ya i was born with chem knowledge!)...a few friends and i sawed a coke can in half and put a few grams (probably about 10) in. we put it on a concrete slab in my friend's back yard and it took a few tries to ignite for some reason...but it finally did, and oh how it did. instantly a huge flame shot up. a crosswind came up... and yes, the neighbour's house was engulfed in a thick black smoke. whoops. luckily they weren't home. our can was completely gone by the time it was over with which makes me wonder...the reaction should go up at 1700 celsius or so and the boiling point of Al is 2467.0 °C...what was left of the can was the bottom which was fused to the concrete.

"i would also like to say it has scorched the floor i put it on so i am going to have a hard time explaining that to my parents when they get back of holiday"

Wow, it's like Home Alone or something all over again. :) Run while you still can! :eek:

how long will this mixture keep' date=' because i could just put it away and if i ever wanted it its there, but what i dont want it to do is go off in my house then i would be pis**d

Edit: so would my parent's :D but they only have about 6 months left of me maybe a bit more[/quote']

it`ll last indefinately, and is not prone to spontanious reaction.

it`s perfecly safe :)

"i would also like to say it has scorched the floor i put it on so i am going to have a hard time explaining that to my parents when they get back of holiday"

Wow' date=' it's like Home Alone or something all over again. :) Run while you still can! :eek:[/quote']

LOL its allways like Home Alone for me my parents are either away working or away on holiday so i have time to think of things to do before they get back sometimes im not so lucky to get away with it, IE neighbours talk :mad: but usually if nothing is broken the house is not burned down or nobody was hurt im ok

that's brilliant news this way i can keep it for as long as i want and be able to go to sleep with out fear im going to wake up with a house full of smoke and my parents looking over as if they had an intenton to kill me

use the regular common sense, like not setting fire to it or keeping it where it can get TOO hot, and no smoking around it, and you`ll be just fine :)

IF you want to get rid of it the Flamable way, dig a hole in the ground 18 inch should do, light it, then throw a bucket of soil over the top of it.

it`ll still burn underground, but the smoke will condense on the cold soil :)

why buy it when you can make it from burning a peice of wood to ashes?

but a chemist should stock it as will some garden centers. it`s used in some soap manufacturing and also in some food produce as well as Glass making and in medicines.