Disadvantages/ Disproving Dark Matter and Energy?

Hi

Basically I am on a mission to find papers which are AGAINST Dark Matter (and energy) and which have "scientific facts" behind them which could disprove Dark Mattter.

I need them to be pretty good papers as I have to write a balenced argument about Dark Matter.

I have been on a hunt but it is hard to find such things, I have posted on many other Forums but without success. They are very bias and just go "But Dark Matter does exist". Not helpful at all!

Also, as it is only AS Level, the maths and facts do not have to be completly correct, I will accept papers which may have a slight error, the person who will be marking it will not notice at all and I see understand that there is a massive load of papers for proving dark matter and not as much DISPROVING it (Thats just m,y own personal views, they might be incorrect and if so I apoligse!) Infact, It may be good if I could find a way to show that the paper may be wrong as I can point that out... It may gain me extra marks!

Thankyou in advance!

Holly

Hello Holly and welcome to forum

1. We should be clear that dark matter and dark energy are almost completely separate things linked really only by a name - I assume we can forget about dark energy for your project. If you are unsure of the distinction let me know.

2. Pantheory started an excellent thread here - Dark matter is not matter? with some news stories and article regarding a few possible problems with dark matter.

3. Dark matter is the leading theory at present - but there are others - I am sure some of the members/experts will point you in the right direction; but be aware many will just say - "But dark matter does exists" :)

Hello Holly and welcome to forum

1. We should be clear that dark matter and dark energy are almost completely separate things linked really only by a name - I assume we can forget about dark energy for your project. If you are unsure of the distinction let me know.

2. Pantheory started an excellent thread here - Dark matter is not matter? with some news stories and article regarding a few possible problems with dark matter.

3. Dark matter is the leading theory at present - but there are others - I am sure some of the members/experts will point you in the right direction; but be aware many will just say - "But dark matter does exists" :)

Ahh I understand! I have done quite a lot of research on Dark Matter but none on Dark Energy so silly me assumed they were related! i shall do som research on it now so I get a better understanding on the topic from now on. Then we shall forget about dark energy!

Ahh wow brilliant thread :D I shall take a read now! Thankyou very much!

And I have braced myself for the "Dark Matter does exist" posts

Thankyou!

i am looking forward to over peoples replys. I'm sure this will be an interesting topic to study!

But dark matter does exist! (I'm sorry, I had to do that.)

Holly,

You might try searching Google Scholar for some references. You won't get to see all of them (some of them will be locked behind subscription sites) but you should find something you can use.

I did a quick search for "against dark matter", and came up with some hits such as

Evidence against disappation-less dark matter

It's only a letter to the magazine Nature, but the chap who wrote it is a professor of astronomy from UC Berkley, so at least he's not a barking loon.

Google scholar is available at http://scholar.google.com

Hope that helps.