intervention with alcoholic going senile

MonDie

"Intervention" might have been a strong word. I can't edit the title anymore.

I'd like to know about studies or experiments concerned with maintenance of the brain into old age. I'll pass them on to the person when I have conversations with them. That won't seem like I'm forcing anything on them.

I read about the SMILE I study where aerobic activity in the elderly both reduced depression and improved cognitive functioning, and I read about the rat study that showed running generated more Hippocampus cells and improved memory.

Edited by Mondays Assignment: Die

• 2 weeks later...

Brain fitness programs might help. I am not old, but I've tried them and there IS a improvement when I do them weekly. Sudoku puzzles are easy to do and are mentally stimulating. I can give you links in private for programs. For instance, Posit Science has proven clinical results and I know of ways of getting it really cheap. I got into this from suffering from dementia from heavy drinking. Another thing is maybe getting a marijuana license and switching to that from alcohol. I did that and I think it helped a lot. There is actually evidence that THC helps increase cell production in the Hippocampus in rats, and in humans for senors there is also evidence it can reduce dementia with age. NOTE MARIJUANA IS LEGAL WHERE I LIVE. PLS DON"T BAN.

Of course cardiovascular exercise will help with mental fitness. Perhaps a vitamin regiment too. I suggest antioxidants and omega 3s. Do they suffer from any signs of mental illness? There are natural methods of helping with that along with medication.