Scientific TV shows, documentaries, or movies

qijino1236

Any good TV shows, documentaries, or movies you know of.

I have seen the universe, NOVA, many good universe type shows on the science, history, and discovery channel, how it's made, modern marvels, stephen hawking shows, a show on the history of chemistry, some interesting chemistry shows, many black hole shows, shows on CERN, social sciences(History, anthropology, psychology, autism, antisocial personality disorder, human geography(good one is guns, germs, and steel), dissociative personality disorder, Schizoid personality disorder, Borderline personality disorder, Histrionic personality disorder, neuroscience, sexuality(I have seen movies about that guy whose name starts with a "h" but I can't think of the name anymore...stupid memory..he did something with the sexuality of honeybees), neuroscience, etc...

So any good TV shows, documentaries, or movies you know of? Or maybe a single really good ep of, NOVA, the universe, modern marvels, etc I maybe haven't seen.

Just anything.

Thanks.

Edited by qijino1236

There is a documentary called "Absolute Zero" that is very good.

Another is "The Strange New World of Nanoscience" narrated by Stephen Fry. It's not terribly long, but still good.

Last that I can think of is "Infinite Secrets of Archimedes". Which is all about a manuscript that was only found fairly recently (containing some interesting math from Archimedes).

Edited by Pixel

• 2 weeks later...

There are couple tv shows that I'm aware of that is called: through the wormhole, and are we alone. You could go watch the channel science, or discovery on satellite if you have it to find something that you may like. For documents, I cannot recall what I've seen but there are a lot of them listed on this website: http://documentaryheaven.com/documentary-list/ (Sorry, if it's considered spam), but I've seen a lot of videos listened on it.

That's all know at this moment anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the Water Life (2009) series was pretty cool:

http://www.amazon.co...N/dp/B002EZLO0Y

Water Life captures extraordinary locations and intimate animal behavior never before seen on film. Two years in the making, this groundbreaking series takes viewers on an unprecedented

visual journey to aquatic ecosystems on five continents to reveal how water shapes and sculpts the landscape and provides food and refuge for an astonishing array of species. This epic series tells water's story as never before to engage viewers in vital discussions about how water must be conserved and preserved

The World According to Monsanto is good too:

http://topdocumentar...ng-to-monsanto/

There's nothing they are leaving untouched: the mustard, the okra, the bringe oil, the rice, the cauliflower. Once they have established the norm: that seed can be owned as their property, royalties can be collected. We will depend on them for every seed we grow of every crop we grow. If they control seed, they control food, they know it – it's strategic.