lack of "Mathematic Tutorial"

Hey guys,

http://www.scienceforums.net/forum/88-mathematics-tutorials/

the presentation of the thread is good indeed. it help me a lot to get some intuitive on learning calculus, but only 1 thread? well, currently I'm struggling with integrals; as far as I understand it, it's said to be "opposite of differentiation". yet, like "differentiation" topic, I can't grasp on how the symbol works. Furthermore, there so lack of resources on integration topic on the net.

Thus, actually I'm wondering why does there almost nothing in the subforum, at times, someone just really need it... ;3

btw, it seems only admin can open new topic there... why not make it more open? I mean, you can filter away the useless one, right?

P.S. about my own problem, no worry, I can get over it myself, but still I'm wondering a lot after a long time seeing no progression on the sub-forum.

P.S. about my own problem, no worry, I can get over it myself, but still I'm wondering a lot after a long time seeing no progression on the sub-forum.

Do you really need to understand calculus? A lot of people cope without it. There are things which a human can't understand during his living period of time because of insufficient mental resourses.

Do you really need to understand calculus? A lot of people cope without it. There are things which a human can't understand during his living period of time because of insufficient mental resourses.

I have every confidence that Vastor will succeed in his ambition to work as a scientist, if he puts the hours in :lol:, and for that he will certainly need calculus

Hey guys,

http://www.sciencefo...tics-tutorials/

the presentation of the thread is good indeed. it help me a lot to get some intuitive on learning calculus, but only 1 thread? well, currently I'm struggling with integrals; as far as I understand it, it's said to be "opposite of differentiation". yet, like "differentiation" topic, I can't grasp on how the symbol works. Furthermore, there so lack of resources on integration topic on the net.

I am planning to do some tutorials on integration once this semester is over. I've already been working with Capn' on this, and you can see that the last posting in the tutorials section was contributed by me. I just haven't had time lately to finish my tutorial on Riemann sums. I plan to not only cover integration, but also give real world examples of how to apply the integral.