C-NMR H-NMR

Bioc

Hi, I need to learn how to interpret NMR, specially C-NMR. Thing is, I'm having a hard time trying to understand it, specially NMR of aromatic compounds, asigning each H/C of the molecule to the corresponding peaks. I'll really apreciate if someone can suggest me a website or a book that explains it.

Organic Chemistry by Leroy G. Wade had a pretty detailed chapter or two long introduction to the topic! They just released another update over the winter. I like the book, I'm not sure how it stands against others of its kind. I really like the Pearson books for stuff like this, maybe try Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy: An Introduction to Principles, Applications, and Experimental Methods by Joseph B. Lambert, and Eugene P. Mazzola.

NMRDB is fairly good (much better than the software in ChemDraw), but be wary. It's by no means accurate and isn't spectacular at taking into consideration secondary effects. I would use those sorts of things as a rough guideline and not much more.

As for the OP, it depends on how much detail you want. Any decent o. chem text will give you an overview of how to interpret NMR and a tiny bit about how it works, but they generally won't go into any real depth and won't cover things such as fine splitting, etc. I'm not sure about specific text books about NMR, but I will have a look and get back to you.

Hi, I don't need too much detail. In the organic lab we get a H-NMR and a C-NMR spectra of the compound being synthetized (previously done by the teacher), but I wouldn't categorize it as an advanced course. What I have to do is assign the chemical shift, multiplicity and integration of each hidrogen; as for the C-NMR I only have to assing the chemical shift to each carbon (C13-NMR and DEPT). My real problem is right know I don't have that much time to search for information, so that's why I ask you guys if you know some books of NMR for dummies hahaha.

Ah, well in that case I would recommend having a look at 'Organic Chemistry' by McMurry. It has an excellent beginners level chapter on NMR that would be well worth reading.

Additionally, you can always post the spectra or specific questions about the chemical shifts and splitting of your compound here (if you're tutor is okay with it). We won't give you the answers, but I'm sure people here would be more than willing to assist you in understanding.