Recrystallization help

BlackJack21

I have a solid that I am to purify by recrystallization using pentane/ether. Does this mean to perform a two solvent recrystalliztion; Heat a solution of pentane with the solid until it dissolves, then add a bit of ether until the solution becomes cloudy, then add some more pentane until the solution goes clear then cool the solution? Or would you use a mixture of both solvents and recrystallize that way?

Also, since pentane boils at a very low temperature, do you just heat it a very small amount so it dosn't boil?

Can I ask you what the solid is?

I'll admit that this is kind of a trick question, since after having had a look at your previous posts, I'm about 99% sure I know what you're making.

You wouldn't be making this as part of a research project, would you? Your IP says you might just be.

!

Moderator Note

After preliminary discussion with staff, this thread is being closed pending a full review.

!

Moderator Note

Since BlackJack21 has been found to be a sock puppet account of another user and since this post is related to a string of posts regarding synthesis of illicit substances, this thread is remaining closed.