The Paralyzed Lion Cub

many of you guys saw this heart breaking videos. I'm sure most the gals will cry when they see this videos.

The Paralyzed Lion Cub

earch this "The Paralyzed Lion Cub" title on youtube

I have my touchy moment for this video too. However, I immediately ask myself this question. Why do I have this feeling. The lions usually eat other animals alive. I mean it if you see the video of a buffalo being eaten by lions alive. http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Dxu8n2iSO58

I saw that video too but still I have more sympathy on this paralyzed lion cub than that buffalo. Lions are the curliest animal in the wild and they prey on animals everyday even their own.

Is this the lions look cuter than other animals so we have this feelings?

Or is it because we usually see lions being the strongest one and suddenly it become so weak. Our brain tells us this is unusual and our sense of sympathy kicks in. So overall, its just a physiology thing??

I don't have feeling when I see a human being beheaded by another human being. Do you? It may look horrified but not as much of sympathy.

Or is it because a lion is just a big cat. Most of us like cats and dogs and they came into our home thousands of years ago. This little cub just like a little cat. So we some what have sympathy for it??

I still think its just a physiology thing. If its a cow, pig, warthog or buffalo is paralyzed in that videos, we probably don't have the same feeling. Does it also tell us we human being are naturally discriminative?

I think it’s as much to do with our naturally protective attitude towards infants, the cute factor. If the cow, warthog or buffalo was an infant I think your attitude would be much the same as with the lion cub. It’s similar to the human attitude towards vermin, as in if it’s a rat, we seem to have no qualms about killing, but if it’s a squirrel, with a cute demeanour, many people have sympathy and avoid killing.