Space Travel and my theories

Theodious78

These are my questions and theories:

Could using a Collider in the near future help in space exploration?

If we wanted to go close to the speed of light eventually or speed up gradually to the speed of light, could we use a collider with an engine similar to a jet propulsion engine with an expulsion area so that it would take the left over energy to propel your ship at high speeds? I know that NASA has already used ION drives for their satellites. So theoretically, could this be possible?

Additional Details

Now the issue with folding space... does matter exist in subspace or folded space while traveling through it?? does the matter exist in subspace as it does in regular space? Same question with folded space... Cant reply to people's answers or i'd do it that way.

Please feel free to reply to my theories and questions. i'd love to hear your thoughts, answers, and even your own theories.

Sincerely,

Adam

Hello. When you said folded space, I think a better term would be compressed space. Speed of light cannot be reached by engines. The maximum speed for any molecule is quite low. So, reaching light speed would not be possible by those ships or any sort've instruments. Speed of light seems is 299700 km per second, which is also 299700000 metre per second. It's really almost an exclusive speed. The drawings of circles that represented atoms in the public school chemistry books were inaccurate, as atoms are not balls. They do seperate when high speed is reached. So, humans wouldn't be able to space explore that quickly.

Hello. When you said folded space, I think a better term would be compressed space. Speed of light cannot be reached by engines. The maximum speed for any molecule is quite low. So, reaching light speed would not be possible by those ships or any sort've instruments. Speed of light seems is 299700 km per second, which is also 299700000 metre per second. It's really almost an exclusive speed. The drawings of circles that represented atoms in the public school chemistry books were inaccurate, as atoms are not balls. They do seperate when high speed is reached. So, humans wouldn't be able to space explore that quickly.

Thank you John. This is why I post on here now. To learn more about Chemistry, and all the other sciences. I appreciate your comments. What are your thoughts on space exploration?

No problem.

Some of my thoughts on space exploration is that humans won't be able to travel to a hospitable planet outside of the solar system, it is simply too far. Also, on a technical perspective, newton's law of universal gravity is not exactly accurate. Matters decrease in temperature overtime, planets change path slightly bit. Once that happens, the path of the spaceship would have to be adjusted, which would costs tremendous fuel. Even if the pathing went safe. Landing would be a problem, since friction of the air and gravity can melt the outter core of the spaceship and create a devestating landing, respectively.

Wow!! Thank you for your input. There's a ton of different aspects to exploring the universe. And by the time you got to the planet, like you said, it could have moved just by a margin, and if you didn't have updated star charts, you could have went way off course.... is that accurate?

Yes that is what I meant. Even with the current telescopes and physics formulas/calculations we still get large errors. Formulas work to a precision. When precision are needed, additional methods have to be used. For something that is very time-consuming and automated such as spaceship travel, one would have to adjust periodicly. Due to the long distance and time needed, far too many adjustment would be needed, which would cost an momumental amount of fuel. If one tries to reduce fuel consumption by reducing adjustment frequency then the spaceship would arrive elsewhere. So yeah, I believe it's gonna be hard to space travel toward somewhere outside of solar system.

I am not clear on what you are saying here, are you saying that the speed of a space ship is limited by the speed of the exhaust? This is not true, the speed of the exhaust is not the limiting factor in the speed of a space ship, the amount of fuel or propellant is the limiting factor and the speed of light. You could propel a space ship by tossing baseballs out the back by hand if you had enough baseballs.

No problem.

Some of my thoughts on space exploration is that humans won't be able to travel to a hospitable planet outside of the solar system, it is simply too far. Also, on a technical perspective, newton's law of universal gravity is not exactly accurate. Matters decrease in temperature overtime, planets change path slightly bit. Once that happens, the path of the spaceship would have to be adjusted, which would costs tremendous fuel. Even if the pathing went safe. Landing would be a problem, since friction of the air and gravity can melt the outter core of the spaceship and create a devestating landing, respectively.

None of these things limit space travel in an absolute way, lifetime of a human is a limiting factor but you can get around that by using generation type ships.

Yes that is what I meant. Even with the current telescopes and physics formulas/calculations we still get large errors. Formulas work to a precision. When precision are needed, additional methods have to be used. For something that is very time-consuming and automated such as spaceship travel, one would have to adjust periodicly. Due to the long distance and time needed, far too many adjustment would be needed, which would cost an momumental amount of fuel. If one tries to reduce fuel consumption by reducing adjustment frequency then the spaceship would arrive elsewhere. So yeah, I believe it's gonna be hard to space travel toward somewhere outside of solar system.

I think you need to show some evidence of these assertions...

Edited by Moontanman