HAs our societies turned cold?

gene

Well, i'm not sure whether this sign is only experienced in Singapore. So, wanna ask your views on that.

IN the past, i found that people tend to be more friendly to each other. For example, neighbours living around the same area would greet each other even though both are completely strangers. If it is not greeting, they would smile at each other and ask a question or two to start a friendly conversation?

Yet, now, everyone seems to be becoming self-centred and cold towards one another. this greatly dampens the community spirit, and the joy of living together in one community.

Food for thought: what has caused us to be like that?

What are your views?

Well, this is quite a true phenomenon. It is very interesting how we have become so uncivilized. Personally, although I make every effort to be polite and go out of my way for others, I constantly have to look over my shoulder. Unfortunately, we have lost each other’s trust. As the world continues to grow and people continue to move there is more and more blend within populations. It takes a great deal to adapt to a new culture and for that society to adapt to the individual or few. Consider this: You are the first black person in a white neighborhood. As technology advances with more means to move around; the world will continue to have a meltdown as in NYC. We just don’t know and understand each other well. I regret not paying attention during Global Studies class. How can I understand the respect of most of the Asian cultures or the oppression of Africans. If I am wrong in my last sentence it further enhances my view on this topic. The best thing one can do is go out and learn a second language …and use it!

i don't see how language barriers is a major factor in soceities turning cold. Like i have said, a smile would do out fine. But, i get your point.

Trust and back-stabbing, paranoia. It is a sad thing that things turns out this way.