Human Brain

I made a 3d model of an MRI for school, and this image is my result. The brain is cut in half, showing the different densities with the colors. Could someone explain to me what this image is teaching, or could teach, if it were labeled in some way? I am not very smart when it comes to anatomy, so this whole thing is a learning experience for me.

post-67823-0-60010700-1329282169_thumb.png

Edited by ProfessorUnicorn

Well, because of the angle of the slice through the skull, you get a lot of different areas represented. You could teach both where those areas are located and what they do with a pointer of some sort. I can see the brain stem, the medulla, the occipital lobe, the parietal and prefrontal cortex, even the the corpus collosom. There are many much finer details there, as well, so it all really depends on what your audience and purposes are.

There are a lot of great sites out there to help with this. Have you seen any?

Also... Just a presentation note, you might try to enlarge the subject of the image... and make it so the head takes up a greater percentage of the picture. Cheers.

Well, because of the angle of the slice through the skull, you get a lot of different areas represented. You could teach both where those areas are located and what they do with a pointer of some sort. I can see the brain stem, the medulla, the occipital lobe, the parietal and prefrontal cortex, even the the corpus collosom. There are many much finer details there, as well, so it all really depends on what your audience and purposes are.

There are a lot of great sites out there to help with this. Have you seen any?

Also... Just a presentation note, you might try to enlarge the subject of the image... and make it so the head takes up a greater percentage of the picture. Cheers.

Thanks for the quick reply! And no, I have not seen any sites that may help me with this. And good idea! I will enlarge it.