Advantages of becoming an Atheist

Divagating the Future

I notice a falling away of people from their faiths.

And I wonder.

What would be the "perks" for becoming Atheist?

With faith one has hope in prayer to help them through difficult times. Faith brings comfort. Comfort that a higher existence is looking out for that one. Faith allows one to face death without any fear. "Each person views their own death in their own way."[sic]→ Niche← With faith it's not "lights out" it is not an end but a new beginning; whether true or not, the assurance that death is just a transition, not a delegation of oneself has a pacifying effect upon the truly faithful facing death. It seems to me the faithful are enhanced through their faith. Faith has done much for those whom were helpless. Religions have contributed to advancements in the arts,architecture,humane treatments in courts of law; faith unites families,friends and people in general.

True, religions have throughout history had some negative impacts as the Spanish Inquisition and the Crusades. But overall it has played a far more positive role in history than negative. If a person has physical pain they resort to pain-killers. If one has mental distress they resort to prayer for relief and hope. So, it just may so be that religion is "the opiate of the masses." →Marx← But, would you rather have a tooth extracted without a painkiller? {an opiate figuratively} Just how would my life be bettered becoming Atheist?

Knowing the..."truth?"-{presumed truth}-

Is that the advantage?

Would an Atheist rather feel the "truth" of the pain related to severe arthritis or dull the pain with Oxycontin or a surrogate of the kind.?

I am Roma {Gipsy} and my faith could best be described as being a Deist. Oh, with certitude, I do believe in the supra-natural. I have had first hand experience with it. My uncanny abilities to see what lies ahead exceeds the parameters of statistical odds. Regarding the resurrection of Jesus, I do not doubt that it could have happened. Science just learned that the events described in Genesis occurred just as they were written in the Old Testament of the Christian Bible. First there was a watery earth,then light,then separation of light/dark,then the atmosphere and so on. The statistical probability of the writer of Genesis writing down all the events and in their proper sequence as to creation without some "superior intervention" is calculated as 10^28. Mathematically, anything having a statistical probability of 10^27 + lies within the realm of impossibility. So I am surely an open-minded Deist regarding Christianity..

Please explain to me just how I Turning Atheist would make my life better?

1zodlz9.jpgUshie ♀