help making inverter circuit

the guy

hi, i'm trying to build something electronic but, unfortunately, my knowledge of electronics is naff and i am getting incredibly blagged and confused trying to figure out how to do this on the internet.

what i am attempting to do is create a circuit which converts a 4.5v DC power supply to a 50Hz 39v AC power supply.

if you could provide simple instructions on how to achieve this i would be most grateful. (by simple i mean the names and specifications of the components i need and how to connect them. nothing more, nothing less, otherwise i will get confused xD)

your help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Two things come to mind here. First, you did not specify the load you want to power with the resulting AC supply. The output wattage capability will have to be considered in the DC side of the circuit. Sceond, I don't think you're going to find anyone here to do all the research for you and hand you a ready made list of parts. I'll give you some direction though.

You'll need an oscillator to begin with, some type of multivibrator circuit running at 50HZ. There should be plenty of schematics available for this online. Something using a 555 timer chip would be easy to build.

Next you'll need to produce the DC current needed to support the output side. Your DC circuit is going to need to have about 10 times the current producing capability as the output current requirement. I'd probably use an amplifier circuit with an old horizontal output transistor. They have good high wattage capability and they're fairly cheap and readily available.

Finally you'll need a transformer to convert the output voltage from your vibrator circuit to 39V, suitably sized for the output power requirement.

Alternatively you could look for a ready made inverter and just use a transformer to adjust the voltage. In your case I would consider selecting an alternate supply voltage like 6VDC or 12VDC since the inverters with those inputs will be far more common and therefor much cheaper than the few you might find available for 4.5VDC.

Good luck....

Edited by doG