calculus for a 12 year old...

hmmm... it would take paying attention but no...if you really catch on to it...then no

There may be some quick videos of a few things, but really what it's going to come down to is hard work. If you want to do the same you need to give up a lot more of your free time to actually studying these things and taking higher level classes. Even if you know how to differentiate and find the slope of points, those things aren't going to help in real life you unless you know a lot algebra and are very good at simplifying things.

Edited by questionposter

There may be some quick videos of a few things, but really what it's going to come down to is hard work. If you want to do the same you need to give up a lot more of your free time to actually studying these things and taking higher level classes. Even if you know how to differentiate and find the slope of points, those things aren't going to help in real life you unless you know a lot algebra and are very good at simplifying things.

yep

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't think the principle of calculus is too difficult to learn, it's a fairly simple concept.

However as has been mentioned you don't have much to apply it to at that age as you are

basically working with straight lines, where calculus is not really needed.

If you have not done the maths of fancy curves, you have nowt to apply it to!! :blink:

I would have loved to do it at that age though rather than mindless repetition of fractions or whatever

i was being taught.

• 7 years later...

Well I can try. I've already done the non-mathematical side of quantum physics so how bad could it be? 

On 2/7/2012 at 3:28 PM, *puffy* japanisthebest said:

do you think it is reasonable for a 12 year old to learn calculus...and if so how would he/she learn it in a way that does not confuse him/her ?

Well I can try... 

How much worse  can it be than quantum mechanics?