Nicotine Extration. (At Home)

sciencefreak666

hey guys,

i am trying to find a easy method to extract nicotine from tobacco at home.

guys, before we start, i would like to tell you that this is not my first time and i have already did it with many other methods including the apple osmosis one which i found the cleanest and easiest.

so i know how dangerous is it, and if i want to commit suicide, i will just put couple of drops of disolved nicotine in alcohol on my skin.

so okay, my aim:- find the most easiest and cleanest method of extraction of nicotine from tobacco at home.

which also means that i am not going to use any fancy chemicals or apparatus for this process.

and this is active discussion for development. rnd. so any feedback will be appreciated.

okay so this process i have in mind, and i am going to start it tomorrow after few feedbacks from you guys.

1) buy 100 g of tobacco, moderately expensive. not the cheap one which has all the crap nor the expensive one with the addictives in it. (suggestions on type of tobacco are welcomed. please mention name and cost)

2) take around 1 litre of tap water. now we all know if the water is acidic, extraction is better. now, i have done with hcl, so lets try something different. more homely. wat you guys think about lemon juice. (citric acid) couple of lemons in 1 litre water? or what you say about vodka?

3) stir the mixture. boil it for 5 mins. then keep it like that for 24 hours. then again boil it for 10 mins.(stir ever hour). then collect the water. then put the soaked tobacco on a piece of cloth and squeeze the remaining water out of tobacco. (now here guys, i think if i grind the tobacco first then it will be better for extraction, but more impurities will be there in water other then nicotine. what you all say?

4) then throw all the crap away and simmer the water till all the liquid is evaporated.

5) now the tricky part. purification. i have tried the coffee filter method with the help of vaccumm. but which method you guys think i should use here? i need something easy and efficient.

so guys, this is all i got in my brain so far. what you people say? all suggestions are welcomed.

(PS:- i am typing all this for second time. first time i typed everything properly but due to some crappy server error i had to retype it again and i am in kinda hurry. so i typed it this way. hope you understand.)

thanks

hey guys,

i am trying to find a easy method to extract nicotine from tobacco at home.

guys, before we start, i would like to tell you that this is not my first time and i have already did it with many other methods including the apple osmosis one which i found the cleanest and easiest.

so i know how dangerous is it, and if i want to commit suicide, i will just put couple of drops of disolved nicotine in alcohol on my skin.

so okay, my aim:- find the most easiest and cleanest method of extraction of nicotine from tobacco at home.

which also means that i am not going to use any fancy chemicals or apparatus for this process.

and this is active discussion for development. rnd. so any feedback will be appreciated.

okay so this process i have in mind, and i am going to start it tomorrow after few feedbacks from you guys.

1) buy 100 g of tobacco, moderately expensive. not the cheap one which has all the crap nor the expensive one with the addictives in it. (suggestions on type of tobacco are welcomed. please mention name and cost)

2) take around 1 litre of tap water. now we all know if the water is acidic, extraction is better. now, i have done with hcl, so lets try something different. more homely. wat you guys think about lemon juice. (citric acid) couple of lemons in 1 litre water? or what you say about vodka?

3) stir the mixture. boil it for 5 mins. then keep it like that for 24 hours. then again boil it for 10 mins.(stir ever hour). then collect the water. then put the soaked tobacco on a piece of cloth and squeeze the remaining water out of tobacco. (now here guys, i think if i grind the tobacco first then it will be better for extraction, but more impurities will be there in water other then nicotine. what you all say?

4) then throw all the crap away and simmer the water till all the liquid is evaporated.

5) now the tricky part. purification. i have tried the coffee filter method with the help of vaccumm. but which method you guys think i should use here? i need something easy and efficient.

so guys, this is all i got in my brain so far. what you people say? all suggestions are welcomed.

(PS:- i am typing all this for second time. first time i typed everything properly but due to some crappy server error i had to retype it again and i am in kinda hurry. so i typed it this way. hope you understand.)

thanks

Hi!! Interesting post!!

I have this last year grown some tobacco of my own so I am interested in this. It's is easy enough to grow but I think the curing process or whatever is a but harder.

I have wondered about this myself because I believe the nicotine is in the plant so I am not sure what the curing is about if it is already there.

Anyhow I green some and tried smoking it green which seems to be a bit like smoking tobacco however when I used leaves which had turned brown ie

packet tobacco colour they tasted of nothing, ie seemed to have lost the nicotine. As I said they were not cured properly really I think ti was too cold

at the time.

This is straying from the main thrust of your post though, perhaps.

One thing I will say is when the plants are green ie growing I think you can extract tobacco though your skin very easily ie too easily and it could

be a bit dangerous!!

Anyway one thing you could try is growing you own tobacco, it is a weed and so grow pretty easy, I mean I grew some so even an idiot can do it!!

Also so interes there are some tobacco growing forums which may interest you ie.

How to Grow Tobacco • View forum - How to Grow Tobacco