Ghosts, electromagnetic fields, positively charged ions, seismic activity...

psi20

I was watching a Discovery channel thing yesterday and here's a summary of it.

When she was a little girl, she saw a ghost named Mr. Gordi. Her parents called a parapsychologist William Roll over to investigate. He showed her 10 pictures of men that could've been the man Heidi, the girl, described. Heidi picked out the picture of Mr. Gordi, a man who died on the property years before the family moved in.

William Roll then talks something about "place memories" where energies are stored or something I can't remember. In other words, spirits or fragments of their memories remain.

Years later, Heidi and her dad continuously have claw marks on them. Heidi sees a silhouette of a man but she can't see his face or anything. They call William Roll again. This time, he sets up some equipment.

*Could someone tell me what these equipment are called? One measures the amount of positive ions in the air. The other measures fluctuations in electromagnetic fields.

William Roll sets up these 2 instruments and another instrument that detects changes in temperature using a laser (thermometer?) during the night. There's no fluctuations in the temperature or electromagnetic fields the first night. However, they saw a spike of positive ions in Heidi's room.

*William Roll says something about positive ions relating to bad moods. I'm wondering how to test it and how to positively charge ions in the air.

William Roll sets up the equipment another night. There's no fluctuations in temperature, but there is one in the electromagnetic field and positive ions.

*William Roll does some research and finds that the property is near a fault line and seismic activity occurs there often. When this happens, the electromagnetic field changes. He says the changes can cause hallucinations.

I'm wondering how much of a change in the electromagnetic field occurs when seismic activity occurs.

Anyone got any information on any of the *'s?

Although that only tells you there was a change in the ambient magnetic field, and not "why".
not only that but it only tests for ONE thing.

you`de need several and deductive reasoning to approach some sort of reason as to WHY it changed, but better would be to have an array of several different instruments all testing for different effects and a few of each strategicly placed for a more comprehensive data set.