Suzuki Cross Coupling NMR help

lifeisg00d

Hey, i have to find out what my product is in suzuki cross coupling lab. We were given an unknown aryl halide and aryl boronic acid. My lab didnt go to well and for some reason my product never melted even at high temperatures. The TA gave us an NMR to use to find out what our unknown is. Can someone help me find out what my 2 unknowns are through nmr?

post-62691-0-77924200-1323468353_thumb.jpg post-62691-0-08751700-1323468358_thumb.jpg

Edited by lifeisg00d

A few things:

- Are the NMR spectra you put up there of the one compound and is this meant to be the spectra for your final compound?

- Do you have any 13C or mass spec or any other characterization data?

- Why are there no peak integrations?

The NMR you have up there is pretty useless without integrations. You might be able to tell various functional groups, the peak at 10 ppm in particular is a dead give away, but you're not going to be able to definitively say what you have without some form of integration. The only other thing you can do is ask yourself what kind of product you know you should have, given the reaction.

Regarding how your practical went: how high is high? Did you notice any changes at all? Sounds to me like you isolated the wrong bit and you're trying to melt a salt of some kind.