Human Evolution

Our apparent vulnerbility when living in western civilised society is an illusion that you are very mistaken to assume that is the true nature of all humans.

You only have to view human behaviour, including that of us 'vulnerable' westerners, during warfare or spend some time with african masai warriors to realise how savage human beings truly are and what extremely effective and dangerous predators we make.

i have to say you are wrong...

humans individually are no match against any other apex predator on the planet

without society (the large mobs humans travel in) humans are truly weak, at the most they would rank somewhere in the middle of the predator ranking

humans have no natural weapons or defences, and are really flimsy compared to most things

that is not to say humans are weak in their natural state (in a large city, armed to the teeth with weaponry that can easily kill elephants)

but if they ever encountered an intelligent, or even semi intelligent species (like the ones from alien(1979)) they would not stand a chance against another apex predator of significant intelligence

*assuming they are not carrying a gun, high explosives, a portable plasma cannon, or other "high tech" toy

**apex predators of significant intelligence do not exist on earth, except maybe sperm whales(and they aren't interested in eating us)

***except moby dick (man the harpoons!)

i have to say you are wrong...

humans individually are no match against any other apex predator on the planet

without society (the large mobs humans travel in) humans are truly weak, at the most they would rank somewhere in the middle of the predator ranking

humans have no natural weapons or defences, and are really flimsy compared to most things

that is not to say humans are weak in their natural state (in a large city, armed to the teeth with weaponry that can easily kill elephants)

but if they ever encountered an intelligent, or even semi intelligent species (like the ones from alien(1979)) they would not stand a chance against another apex predator of significant intelligence

*assuming they are not carrying a gun, high explosives, a portable plasma cannon, or other "high tech" toy

**apex predators of significant intelligence do not exist on earth, except maybe sperm whales(and they aren't interested in eating us)

***except moby dick (man the harpoons!)

I get what you are trying to say and it's true, but I disagree from an evolutionary level. To say that we would lose to any apex predator is true so long as we are not in a group or able to use what we have built is true, but it is a useless comparison. It would be like me saying I could kill a lion with a knife so long as it doesn't have teeth or claws. To remove all the assets built on by evolution for one creature and not the other is, in my opinion at least, redundant. Something could kill us as long as we don't have the things that give us the ability to kill it first.