Time loop

morgsboi

Okay, so this is just a theory, very rough and doesn't have much evidence to back it up due to very limited resources.

Now this is based on the ability to go back in time. So if you were to go back in time (unplanned), then would you be able to get out of a constant time loop, where you are traveling along from A to B.

So say you are going through normal time and then something happened to divert you away from the normal flow from A to B which ended up with you going back in time. After that would you be able to change the past by going A to B by jumping over the event that caused you to go back in time and carry on to B or would it just not be possible as you are now destined to go from A to C to A to C and so on.

If the A to C was what happened, then what would happen to the other you who would keep passing through, doing the event without knowing what would happen, causing the other you to keep going round from A to C, causing the time loop to just fill with you's from the past. This would either prove parallel universes which are not accessible by traveling in the first, second or third dimension, it would simply be a paradox or you would just disappear from the the future.

Please do ask questions as bits of it can be confusing and I will answer any questions as best I can, and will leave a diagram below. Also I'm 14, and I realize that is very "out there" and I don't have evidence to back it up as I haven't come across any, and would appreciate if anyone else knows anything to do with it to contribute.

Diagram:

The black is the line of normal events in time.

The blue is is the alternative route that happens to take you back in time.

The red is that journey back in time to point A.

The green is the jump for after you have gone through the "blue" that takes you away from the alternative route and brings you too the normal flow of events, after the alternative route.

post-59059-0-40545200-1320781096_thumb.jpg

The diagram is not nonsense, time travel is.

The logical problem in this diagram is the gap between the blue and green line. This gap would create a blank in the black line (a cut) where the time traveler would completely disappear from existence as viewed from the rest of the world staying upon the black line.

Since you have such a good grasp of what he talking about, I'll leave it to you.

Also Michel, I don't know about you, but I travel in time on a daily basis. You may want to refine what you mean by this statement.

You seem to be hooking up a bunch of lines and called it ''time''. There is only an imaginary space leg which we call time, that is one more dimension of space which we call time. I am afraid, your diagram is nonesense.

Time travel is possible. Mass slows down time which is still time-travel. Or the 4th dimension folding back on itself is also (although not proved or well studied).

• 4 weeks later...

Time travel is possible. Mass slows down time which is still time-travel. Or the 4th dimension folding back on itself is also (although not proved or well studied).

Since the future doe not yet exist and the past is by definition "the past" - how could you travel to either?

The only time you can exist in is the "present"

Time travel makes very little sense for a lot of reasons, first answer the question "what is time?" and then, not only will you be well ahead of my understanding, you'll also see that "time" is not something you can mess with - it's more just a concept, a frame of reference to give things like motion some meaning

I understand perfectly what you are talking about, but let me also say this. If you are killed back in time while you exist, your spirit can go and possess your own younger body, if you know where you where/are........this could be the eternal life everyone is looking for.....through time space and possibly bringing yourself forward to a new timeline skew. Who will keep track of the skews so they don't get all skewed up...

Time travel is real...the US learned about time travel through the downed alien spacecraft in Rosewell NM and through the Philadelphia Experiment...it is real...I have been there, as in studied all about it....they actually learned to bend the time line and create skews of trips. One skew does not affect the other both exist the original with ripples to cover paradox....

The space craft need a way to get back into there time as in the light speed effect and travel through time....

Edited by RichardSnodgrass

I understand perfectly what you are talking about, but let me also say this. If you are killed back in time while you exist, your spirit can go and possess your own younger body, if you know where you where/are........this could be the eternal life everyone is looking for.....through time space and possibly bringing yourself forward to a new timeline skew. Who will keep track of the skews so they don't get all skewed up...

Time travel is real...the US learnesd about time travel through the downed alien spacecraft in Rosewell NM and through the Philadelphia Experiment...it is real...I have been there.

would you care to provide some evidence or proof of these fairly wild claims?

Time travel is real...the US learned about time travel through the downed alien spacecraft in Rosewell NM and through the Philadelphia Experiment...it is real...I have been there, as in studied all about it....

How old are you? the Philadelphia experiment took place (or didn't) in 1943 and Roswell in 1947.

Since the future doe not yet exist and the past is by definition "the past" - how could you travel to either?

The only time you can exist in is the "present"

Time travel makes very little sense for a lot of reasons, first answer the question "what is time?" and then, not only will you be well ahead of my understanding, you'll also see that "time" is not something you can mess with - it's more just a concept, a frame of reference to give things like motion some meaning

Have you never heard of a little thing called, oh I don't know...... relativity??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitational_time_dilation

Time travel is real...the US learned about time travel through the downed alien spacecraft in Rosewell NM and through the Philadelphia Experiment...it is real...I have been there, as in studied all about it....they actually learned to bend the time line and create skews of trips. One skew does not affect the other both exist the original with ripples to cover paradox....

The space craft need a way to get back into there time as in the light speed effect and travel through time....

Yes, I have only "heard" of the Philadelphia Experimen but I don't know what it is so I will look it up. But for every paradox there is a solution. As soon as we can travel through time, I think it will be the greatest scientific achievement in the history of mankind.

Have you never heard of a little thing called, oh I don't know...... relativity??

http://en.wikipedia....l_time_dilation

Yes, I have only "heard" of the Philadelphia Experimen but I don't know what it is so I will look it up. But for every paradox there is a solution. As soon as we can travel through time, I think it will be the greatest scientific achievement in the history of mankind.

Relativity does not disallow time travel outright but it's certainly no proof that it's possible or ever will be.

Time dilation is a localised slowing of the effects of time not time itself. Time is a measurement, trying to travel in time is like trying to travel in Celcius

Relativity does not disallow time travel outright but it's certainly no proof that it's possible or ever will be.

Time dilation is a localised slowing of the effects of time not time itself. Time is a measurement, trying to travel in time is like trying to travel in Celcius

I know. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_dilation

I find that every paradox has a key. There is always a way.