An impossible Mechanism for "Freewill."

zerotwoone

Well spoken. I am not a well educated person and won't have any knowledgable insite to offer on the subject. I had a conversation once with a guy who did not believe in freewill. His argument was to ask what my favorite color was. When I answered he asked me why I chose that particular color instead of another. All I could answer was that I just like that color more than the rest. I didn't, and still don't, see how he thought his point was proved by stumping me on that single question. After giving it a few years thought I have to believe he was wrong. Now when I'm asked that question I say "It's the perfect shade of everything", hoping they won't ask why.

Although I am nowhere close to being a mathematician the conversations I've had about perpetual motion(energy) always fall back to resistance as being the overriding force. Making perpetual motion impossible simply because, where there is motion there is friction no matter how small. Resistance being a constant will eventually wear down anything. Unless there is some sort of eternal power source.

Thanks Justin for the comment. Freewill is a personal issue, you either believe or you don't. But broken down into the simplest terms, I think freewill is undeniable. Mathematicians and physcists are correct. In the purest sense of perpetual motion, the concept cannot exist in the Universe. Everything does change in the Universe over time. Perpetual motion does not exist for the Universe either. The Universe stops at Zero and at One. But because of the Universe's inherent nature, the Universe is propelled into motion again. I can't think of an analogy right now to visualize what I am expressing, but I will post one if I think of one. But I do think that we could come up with a mechanism that for all sense and purposes might as well be considered "perpetual" motion considering human longevity. An analogy would be like tossing a ball into the air, the ball goes up, pauses, then comes back down. Again, thanks for your post.

I want to preface my response with "I could be and most likely am, bat sh!t crazy." Alright I'm going to try to describe an analagous mechanism for this system. Imagine a rubber sheet that is negatively charged. You also have some balls that are negatively charged. If you throw the balls on the sheet, the balls will be repelled. But on the way up, some mysterious force, let's call it gravity, forces these balls to act against their nature and forces them together until some point in time the inherent nature of these balls forces them apart again forcing the balls against the rubber sheet. The balls are then repelled by the sheet and driven up again, gravity takes over, inherent nature takes over, balls propelled toward sheet, etc, etc.

When a theoretical physicist explains the big bang, they say people have a misconception, that people think when the big bang happened, they think of an explosion in space, but when in actuality it is an explosion of space. Exactly. The answer was in front of us the whole time.

Edited by zerotwoone

You may have come close to answering a topic question I just posted. But how can the particles that make up solid masses come from the unknown and unseen particles of space. Some say that space is the absence of mass. There would still have to be an action to cause the reaction we know as the big bang. And the make up of something with mass cannot just appear out of nothing. Something had to come from something. Whether it is a bunch of somethings put together or what, it was still a something.

As far as the negatively charged balls are concerned. After they are repelled by the rubber sheet, could it not also be their own gravity pulling them together as well as away from the sheet, until the negative charge overcomes the force of their own gravity? Once they are together the negative charge repells them again, to be pulled back down by the gravity of the earth till the negatively charged sheet overcomes gravity and repells them again? I don't know I'm probably out on alimb here.

I apologize, I should have explain the setting a little bit more clearly. I was envisioning a perfect system. This system is infinitely complex, but I was trying to make it as simple as possible. I was actually imagining this scenario in a perfect vaccum with no other exterior influences. Just the negatively charged sheet and the negatively charged balls, and the mysterious force known as gravity.

The common perception of the singularity of the Big Bang was that it was infinitely massive, but all of space was released when the singularity inflated. So is space massive? My opinion is yes.