Battlefield 3 Open for Beta

Daedalus

I've been playing the beta for about a day now and I absolutely love it! The game play is just as you would expect from the Battelfield series. There are a few bugs to work out and some things to adjust. But, this is what one would expect with a beta version of the game.

The rank system seems a lot better because you do move up in rank much quicker than in BF2. The unlocks associated with going up in rank are definitely worth the effort and are vital if you wish to compete.

The only thing I did not like with BF3 is the flashlight. They have extended the flashlight to provide a blinding effect for those looking at it. Even though this does give some realism to the game, the effect is over-exaggerated as even the laser scopes will blind you. The blinding effect is not like a flash grenade, but it does make it hard to pinpoint your target. On the bright side, enemies using their flashlight do expose their position : )

The beta did not include maps with vehicles (tanks, helicopters, jets, etc...). So I am not able to report on any changes made to these systems. But the weapon systems have been improved and shooting the corners of some walls will actually break pieces of the wall out.

I will give the beta version of this game an 8 out of 10. I expect the full version to be even better because they have brought back the jets : )