What codecs (packs) do u use?

bloodhound

I was wondering what pple here have installed. COS rite now i am using FFDshow Aug28 2004 version. I have read good reviews about it, but dont really know how it compares against other codec (packs)

Is there something better you would recommend?

I've got a good one after searching and searching, it plays every media format I come across.

Unfortunately I do not have access to my home computer right now, and it doesn't have internet access at the time, so I will have to get you the name of it, and let you know tommorow.

I know if you get direct connect (I'd recomend dc++) you will be able to find some people who can point you in the right direction.

i use windows media player + divx (with most of the divx codecs included) ive never come across a format i cant play and if i ever do, normally divx has a codec for it, if not then i'll deal with it when i come to it!

I don't like using codec packs because they simply cause so many problems when you come to update them or if you have existing codecs installed on your system. I maintain my codecs manually because it's so much easier to keep up-to-date. Currently, I have installed: XviD 1.0.2, DivX5 (not sure which revision), AC3Filter (for ac3 audio decoding), OggVorbis and that's about it. I don't really need anything else because I tend not to play obscure formats that much. More or less everything I have is either DivX/XviD with either mp3 or AC3 audio or MPEG1.