magnets and light

mab

yeha i know that, i was refering to a comment madde in there.

even in a way the light is effecting the magnet, maybe you miss understand the extra post added after that link.

EG "I dunno" the plastic magnet was just something else, no need to post things from that link as i have read it may self.

apart from that you say its not a normal magnet, that not what im talking about, i didnt know we said we were talking about one type of magnet.

firstly my mistake, i thought we were talking about permament magnets aka ferromagnetical materials.... whatever, it doesnt really matter, we are talking about magnetic fields from anything!

from that article:

"But in these systems the laser switches the magnetic medium by warming it."

as quoted by swansont in post #24

basically this is caused by the heat the laser cause, not the light itself... (read swansont's post)

correct. however this is a manetic field (a weird one at that!) effected by heat...

i still dont think that light can effect magnets! i could be wrong, i just have (a) never heard of it (b) cant think why it would © cant find any online evidence to suggest it would!