My Amature Revised Big Bang Theory

Sarky

So im watching The Universe on Netflix and they were talking about how the universe started from a single atom that was indescribably dense and exploded, creating the universe. They also talk about how the universe is infinitely expanding (Dark Matter and Dark Energy i believe). But is there any possible way the the universe didn't start as one small atom? Instead what if the point where that atom was, was actually a clogged hole from another universe that was a different dimension. Then it finally exploded, expanding the universe infinitely but is still being fed though this hole from another universe. Also couldn't it make sense that the hole couldn't be seen because the other universe is in a different dimension? Also, since we think the universe is flat, wouldnt it make sense that the Multi-dimensional hole could be pouring matter into our universe at an extremely high rate.

I have no experience with the laws of physics or anything. I haven't even taken physics in high school yet, im just very interested in the universe. Please go easy on me if my theory violated a LOT of laws of physics as im sure it did. rolleyes.gif

So im watching The Universe on Netflix and they were talking about how the universe started from a single atom that was indescribably dense and exploded, creating the universe. They also talk about how the universe is infinitely expanding (Dark Matter and Dark Energy i believe).

First of all I am glad you are interested in cosmology, that is great.

Now, when people say that the Universe started as a single atom, they really are using an analogy. What they mean is that the Universe was once in a very small, hot and dense state. This state then expanded into the Universe we live in today.

But is there any possible way the the universe didn't start as one small atom?

All the evidence suggests that the Universe was once in a small, hot sense state.

Instead what if the point where that atom was, was actually a clogged hole from another universe that was a different dimension. Then it finally exploded, expanding the universe infinitely but is still being fed though this hole from another universe. Also couldn't it make sense that the hole couldn't be seen because the other universe is in a different dimension? Also, since we think the universe is flat, wouldnt it make sense that the Multi-dimensional hole could be pouring matter into our universe at an extremely high rate.

The reason why the big bang occurred is a real mystery. I am thinking that matter inflowing into our Universe from another universe would violate energy conservation. This I guess could be tested.

What you have said reminds me of anomaly inflow, but this is very technical.

Thanks for the response AJB biggrin.gif Even though i knew it was a flawed idea, i really wanted to share it somewhere. Im going to start studying more on cosmology and physics and maybe make some more accurate posts or more viable theories in the future. Thanks again!

....when people say that the Universe started as a single atom, they really are using an analogy. What they mean is that the Universe was once in a very small, hot and dense state. This state then expanded into the Universe we live in today.

The reason why the big bang occurred is a real mystery. I am thinking that matter inflowing into our Universe from another universe would violate energy conservation. This I guess could be tested.

What you have said reminds me of anomaly inflow, but this is very technical.

I find it hard to accept the idea of the mass of the entire visible universe compressed into a region smaller than an atom. Yet, Stephen Hawking stated in his DVD "Into the Universe" that the observable universe expanded from smaller than an atom to the size of an orange in one Trillionth of a second after the Big Bang, and that is the inflated expansion. That is being very specific. It is hard to imagine what exactly can cause such a massive amount of matter to overcome its' own immense gravity to fly apart. I prefer to think in terms of expansion starting from a region of undeterminable size. Or some special quantum fluctuation resulted in a kind of super-rapid chain reaction, rather than a traditional supernova-like explosion, that "turned space over" into matter? Or as you propose a supergiant white hole spewing matter into our universe.

If Mr. Hawking is correct in stating that after 10 minutes the universe reached thousands of light years across, then at that rate it would reach the size of 42 Million light years across (which is how big it was when the universe became transparent) in only tens of thousands of minutes, which is about one month after the Big Bang. Yet I have also heard that it took 330,000 years for the universe to become transparent after it reached 42 Million light years across and the CMB began it's journey.

Edited by Airbrush

Airbrush - the rate of increase was not uniform. different drivers caused different rates of expansion - as an example the inflationary period is posited to have seen an increase in universal volume of around 10^78 in the time between 10^-36 second and 10^-32 seconds