What's the most dangerous country for foreign workers to work in?

Mr Rayon

Which country does everybody think is the most dangerous for foreign workers to go to for work? :)

I specifically interested in hearing peoples opinions particularly in regards to countries which are wanting foreign workers to come to their country and have many jobs specifically for foreigners.

What does everyone think?

Although Saudi Arabia often offers foreigners very well-paid jobs, with considerable wage inflation for enduring the oddities of the local culture and climate, some people have reported having their passports confiscated on arrival, the jobs suddenly turning out to be less remunerative than advertised, and having no choice but to take them since they could not leave until their passports were returned.

Regarding your second sentence I would definitely say Russia, several years ago Russia had a lot of jobs to offer and offered many foreign people to come to the country to get work. Though, racist underground organisations aggressively went against this and sabotaged this decision by bloodily beating up foreign people on the street while filming it to create a propaganda out of that - which indeed worked successfully.

I'm probably stating the obvious, but I think Afghanistan and Iraq are probably the most dangerous at the moment. Somalia or (South-)Sudan might also be high in the list. Lybia and Yemen might also not be very safe the moment. South-Africa can be dangerous if you go to the wrong parts of certain towns (especially Johannesburg is famous for violent crimes).

But if you behave like an idiot, you can get into trouble anywhere.

Make sure you prepare before you travel. Make sure someone at home knows where you are. Make sure your paperwork (visa and possibly a work permit) is in order before you travel. Make sure your bank card works in the country you're traveling to. Make sure you have an insurance, both for traveling and for working abroad. Make sure your insurance brings you home in case of an accident, or you end up all alone in a hospital in a far-away country in case something goes wrong and you get injured. (This list is probably not complete - you're responsible for your own safety).

^ You're right about those countries, the only problem is you did not answer the OP's question, since he asked for countries which offer work. ;-)

I disagree.

I think you will find that there are thousands of Western workers in Iraq and Afghanistan. It's not just the military that is present there, although they get the most media coverage. In Afghanistan, those are mostly employed in professions that are related to the military. In Iraq, other job opportunities also exist (infrastructure projects and especially oil / petrochemical industry).

I admit that Somalia, (South-)Sudan and Yemen probably do not have too many jobs now. Lybia will have jobs as soon as the rebellion / revolution is over, mostly in oil related industry. And South-Africa most definitely has many jobs in every field.

I do not see how I did not answer the question.

Any country where the cost of living is way below what the cost of living is in the workers homeland . Take $20 out of your pocket to pay for something when a ' local ' earns next to nothing and you better watch your back .