Grape and Raisin experiment/Osmosis

easy

1) Place 1 cup (236 ml) of water in each of the 4containers.

2) In 2 of the containers, add 1 tablespoon (14.8 ml) oftable salt and mix well.

3) Measure the length and width of a raisin and place itin 1 of the plain water containers. Measure the length and width of a secondraisin and place it in one of the salt water containers.

4) Measure the length and width of a grape and place it inthe second of the plain water containers. Measure the length and width of asecond grape and place it in the second of the salt water containers.

5) After 1 hour, remove and measure the length and widthof each piece of fruit and return it to the appropriate container. Note anyphysical changes in the fruit and describe their appearance.

6) After 24 hours, remove and measure the length and widthof each piece of fruit. Note any physical changes in the fruit and describe theirappearance.

I have completed this experiment. Unless I have done something wrong, but I cannot seem to arrive at a conclusion. Can you help me arrive at a conclusion?

Easy

1) Place 1 cup (236 ml) of water in each of the 4containers.

2) In 2 of the containers, add 1 tablespoon (14.8 ml) oftable salt and mix well.

3) Measure the length and width of a raisin and place itin 1 of the plain water containers. Measure the length and width of a secondraisin and place it in one of the salt water containers.

4) Measure the length and width of a grape and place it inthe second of the plain water containers. Measure the length and width of asecond grape and place it in the second of the salt water containers.

5) After 1 hour, remove and measure the length and widthof each piece of fruit and return it to the appropriate container. Note anyphysical changes in the fruit and describe their appearance.

6) After 24 hours, remove and measure the length and widthof each piece of fruit. Note any physical changes in the fruit and describe theirappearance.

I have completed this experiment. Unless I have done something wrong, but I cannot seem to arrive at a conclusion. Can you help me arrive at a conclusion?

Easy

Sure.

But first, what are your results?

Experimental conclusions can contain answers to questions you may ask yourself such as ,

1 . Did you learn anything about the scientific concept ( osmosis ) from what you did ?

2 . Were there problems that occured which you only saw from experimentation ?

3 . Is the procedure that you used a bad procedure ? Why ?

4 . Would you do anything differently if you did the same experiment again ?

5 . Was it a stupid or pointless experiment ? Why ?

6 . Do you need better samples of fruit or more of them ?

7 . Would you like better equipment ? Why ?

8 . Did you do what you wanted to do ?

Easy, (haha, goit it-Easy)

Well, do you know what conclusion you should have got? If yes, then you should again read the experiment procedure well, take care of the apparatus, and perform it a number of times.

Go to page 60 of this.

Edited by rktpro