Lead oxide use in Pyro and how to make it.

Aspirin

"ALL prices mentioned there are a rip-off! :(("

Well, if you make them yourself, of course. But I don't have time to make chemicals myself, and if you can tell a provider whose prices are not a rip-off, I'd be more than happy to hear about it. :)

"I`ll get a 25 kilo sack of KNO3 for less than £20."

Of course it is cheaper for KNO3 (at least). All you need is to ask your neighbors to give you crap (literally), and then pour some urine on it. :)

And KNO3 being a fertilizer and all that, it's rather cheap. But just because the KNO3 price is insane, doesn't mean the rest are (which they sadly seem to be). I wonder where you could get sodium or potassium as pure metals for a cheaper price, though.

• 4 months later...

I think I remember something about making litharge (PbO or Lead Monoxide).

AFAIR, you would mix powdered (ground up, I guess) lead with KNO3, put it in a charcoal crucible (carve a hole in a biggish piece of charcoal) and heat it with a common butane/propane blowtorch.

I have the "recipe" for litharge somewhere, but I guess it's in my stores about 250 miles from here.

Hope this is something to go on from.

• 5 years later...
Ummm maybe I missed something but how do you expect to get lead oxide by mixing lead with oxygen? Lead will not oxidize rapidly from just being around oxygen. Use lead electrodes when you do electrolysis then boil the water down.

Do this also a source for lead is the weights used on tires. Go to a tire shop and ask for old weights