Essential Firefox Extension.

Cap'n Refsmmat

i looked, and then pressed 'back' rather than load the 'new posts' page all over again, not that it takes long, like 1sec (im on 512K) but still, thats one more second of my life! however it seems not to always register that i viewed the page.

anyway, i normally just put in the tags because i cant be bothered to click, as that means moving my hand to the mouse :), anyway... yeah, the thing which isnt soo good about firefox is that you have to download extensions, not that they're big, resource hogging or hard to do, just another manual user job.

its just a lot more user work, which whilsts very easy to us is not suitable for begginers and also is just more work, im not suggesting that all of them come with firefox, but things like the ad-blocker, ability to read all of the code formats should come default...

also it should be able to use the already downloaded shockwave and flash etc. automatically, rather than having to be re-setup so that you can access sites with flash/shockwave features on.

whereas IE has all of this stuff already done, im not supporting IE, but IE is in a way more user-friendly in that there is less user work involved.

i've got it and use it!

not at the moment, as im only on SFN and that is safe, so im on IE because i find IE faster, however when im googling or just randomly browsing i do use FF and it is all set-up with add-ons and all customised and everything, it wasnt hard, however there are a lot of basic people out there who do not switch to FF because it is more work and IE is already there and they dont really understand the differences.

at the same time i have never caught a virus/ad-aware through IE and there is only one site i know which gives me pop-ups (NIS prof has a pop-up stopper).

nope, never got spyware through IE, sayo says probably due to good browsing habbits :D + decent AV, firewall and background anti-spyware progs.... thats one of the reasons why i didnt originally switch to FF.

people say that FF is faster than IE, i find otherwise, maybe thats just my computer, i dont know, thats just what i find.

it is unlikely that an SFN banner will download spyware to my computer... but i see your point, the fact is that there are background program's that would catch it anyway...

people say that FF is faster than IE, i find otherwise, maybe thats just my computer, i dont know, thats just what i find.

It's faster at rendering pages (as is Opera).

It's not as fast loading (well, by default) because IE loads into memory when Windows starts up.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I was wondering if there is any way to change Firefox's bookmark logos?

Some sites (e.g. the vB ones) have a default icon that appears to the left of the url, and it the icon is defaulted onto the bookmark one, though most are blank with the default page icon.