Presidential Debate question?

Mad Mardigan

Why isnt Micheal Badnarik invited to the presidential debates when he is endorsed in 48 states?

Quote :

Michael Badnarik, the Libertarian Party’s 2004 presidential nominee, will debate John Kerry and George W. Bush in St. Louis on Friday. Or he’ll go to jail instead.

“A majority of Americans say that I should be included in the events sponsored by the Commission on Presidential Debates,” says Badnarik, 50, of Austin, Texas. “And the CPD, as a non-profit, has received special treatment from government on the requirement that they be non-partisan in their activities. Bi-partisan is not non-partisan.

“Unless I am allowed to participate, the debates become a massive campaign contribution to two of the candidates, illegal under the very campaign finance laws those two candidates have passed and signed as Senator and President.”

More at http://www.badnarik.org/newsfromthetrail.php?p=1344

I do like his quote at the top, 'IT IS NOT TOO SOON FOR HONEST MEN TO REBEL …”

I guess my feeling on this is that it doesn't really matter, because it's not really a debate.

There is no shortage of ways for Badnarik to get his message out. I agree the deck is stacked against him, and that's a bad thing, because the libertarians have many interesting things to say. But having him in the "debate" wouldn't really accomplish anything constructive.

Actually I find it very disturbing that the two parties and the corporations have so hijacked the politics in this nation that no other parties are heard. I think there should be at least one debate where the democrats and Republicans must confront some of the candidates from the other parties.

I find it very disturbing that people of this nation have allowed the two parties and the corporations to hijack the politics in this nation such that no other parties are heard.

I'm doing far more than the average person to change that, through awareness, objectivity, and education. All I can suggest is that you do the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems there were many questions avoided during that debate. Rising medi-care costs, Halliburton corruption from Iraq, border security, a massive jump in unemployment numbers, a sinking dollar and huge over spending leaving enormous debts haning over the USA. Some say it was a mistake for Bush to debate with Kerry

Here is a little video clip from the Bush V Kerry debate

http://www.ericblumrich.com/wmf/switch.wmv

So who won it?

I think these were brought up in the debates. Halliburton in the VP debate. I don't remember the ANSWERS though. Basically, goes something like this:

Bush: I made no mistakes, it ain't so bad, will get better.

Kerry: Everything is Bush's fault, I will do better.