Sparing Body-Movements

lamp

A lot of so called Top Dogs and Take It or Leave Its have sparing body movements, which means they do not move a lot and do only the most necessary movements. If you're jittery you're not seen as a top dog, which does not mean that you can't be one, but people just naturally do not consider jittery people as top dogs, rather as creative people or even immature.

I'm wondering where does this derive from? I can imagine that even back then the leaders in a tribe were the focused people with sparing body movements, perhaps that is what such body language displays to the outside, a sharp and focused mind? Which means that people naturally would want such a guy as their leader instead of a so called grass hopper, who does not focus but jumps from thought to thought?

I'm also wondering what causes a man to have a sparing body movement compared to a fidget. Is it the chemicals in the brain? Or the brain hemisphere orientation, logical or creative thinking? Or is it psychology? In psychology, people who have experienced a lot of deep communication are the ones who mature a lot, and then again, from my own observation I see a correlation between maturity and body language, many mature people will move economically. In that sense could age be a factor as well, since we mature over time?

Questions over questions, I'm going to think about this a bit more, in the meanwhile I'd welcome your suggestions!

Edited by chaseman

I think people are also sometimes viewed as "too stiff" and considered less suitable for this reason as well. It's just that more expression makes people more vulnerable to criticism, and insecure people distance themselves from vulnerability in themselves and others.

It's true, too stuff is unsought as well, perhaps the golden middle is what people find as desirable. Though, specifically with these top togs, they do not have a stiff body language from my observation, they are rather calm, relaxed, slow and sparing in the movements, also a little bit edgy at times which may get mistaken as stiffness.

I'm from Germany, so I'm not sure what exactly you're addressing. Al Gore seems to have a body language I was talking about as you can see here:

What exactly is unfavorable about this body language?

Also this video:

Seems to be the top tog body language I was talking about.

Edited by chaseman

Bigger people tend to be calmer and more relaxed, except for Kramer, but sterotyping is kind of limited. There are so many different unknown variables, unless its just terribly obvious, in which the causes open up a whole new set of variables.