the perfect machine

Phiredude

hey what up again. ummmm...

a couple weeks ago, i had to do a project for science to make a machine give as much work output as work input(obviously impossible, but he wanted us to get as high as we could). well i got a 92 on the project,but i only got about 50% output i think. he didn't give us a way to gauge it.

does anyone know if there is a perfect machine? and if there isn't, what do you think would mae one. i know if someone figured it out, a nobel prize would be hanging on there wall, i just want to hear some of your opinions.

things like twisted or stretched elastic bands work quite well, some of the energy is lost in heat and sound, but it`s minimal, Springs work quite well too.

perhaps a device that employed these would be a good idea? :)

"there`s no such thing as a free lunch" though. and so, no machine will work at or above unity.

i have a idea for a machine that could put out more energy (electic) that u put into it but i have one probleam i have to make a shaft have no weight or no resitance just float so that i spin it and then make it real long sence there is no resitance u make it long as u want and still use the same amount of energy to spin it and then wrap a coil around this charged shaft and u could get ac....

well as i was telling honz415. i think i thought of a way to use friction to your advantage. i mean, think of how bumper cars work. they create electricity by rubbing up against the metal right. well not all the way, but i am sure you can use friction to your advantage that way

friction will creat heat...... and i need something that will not slow down.. something that u spin it and nothing will stop it = no restance....../ no bearing nothing.... just gutta figure out a way to hold a metal (mangtized) shaft up using only magnets...

• 4 weeks later...
friction will creat heat...... and i need something that will not slow down.. something that u spin it and nothing will stop it = no restance....../ no bearing nothing.... just gutta figure out a way to hold a metal (mangtized) shaft up using only magnets...

this is possible in a complete vacuum. say, come to think of it... are perpetual motion machines not possible in outer space??

-mak10

this is possible in a complete vacuum. say' date=' come to think of it... are perpetual motion machines not possible in outer space??

-mak10[/quote']

Dr. Seuss might answer like this:

Not on the ground, and not without sound.

Not in a house, and not with a mouse.

Not in outer space, or any old place.

That second law of thermo

prevents you from running that turbo

You cannot make energy for me

You cannot make energy for free!