Protest in my office, Any ideas?

Doc. Josh

Recently i have started somthing of a wild fire in my office. To make a long story short i have rallied up the employees to submit a formal review and restructure of the way this company's pay is. It is causing much dispute already and alot of turmoil. Along with its florida, a right to work state and so on. I was wondering if anybody has any idea's comments ideas etc. And is this the best way to accomplish this task of going up against a corparate juggernaut? If you want more details just ask.

Recently i have started somthing of a wild fire in my office. To make a long story short i have rallied up the employees to submit a formal review and restructure of the way this company's pay is. It is causing much dispute already and alot of turmoil. Along with its florida, a right to work state and so on. I was wondering if anybody has any idea's comments ideas etc. And is this the best way to accomplish this task of going up against a corparate juggernaut? If you want more details just ask.

I think you might what to look at getting a new job. Trying to change things where I worked, has never had a good outcome for me. You might try a union job, so you have a place to handle your grievences without putting your job on the line.

I would suggest independent behaviour . If you are happy with your conditions , that is what matters to you . If you want to encourage others to also have independent behaviour about what matters to them to improve their conditions , then do that . Obviously in the interests of not having the same argument over and over again , everybody could be happy if some things were agreed unanimously with the employers .

I would suggest independent behaviour . If you are happy with your conditions , that is what matters to you . If you want to encourage others to also have independent behaviour about what matters to them to improve their conditions , then do that . Obviously in the interests of not having the same argument over and over again , everybody could be happy if some things were agreed unanimously with the employers .

Ants can control the behavior of elephants when they work together, but one ant isn't going to make much of a difference.

http://www.sciencenewsline.com/biology/2010090212000013.html

Unions are important.

I am a bit puzzled because, according to your profile, you are either the boss of a company or a sales manager. In either case I would expect your position of authority to carry weight.

Nevertheless I feel inclined to offer the advice I gave a grandson when he thought that where he worked was not run in an efficient way and that any idea the workers (particularly he) proposed that would improve matters was ignored - "Getting a job is difficult but keeping a job is easy. Just do what your boss wants in the way he wants you to do it - at least for the first year or so". Being young, headstrong and easily offended, of course he ignored my advice. He is now unemployed and has been so for quite some time!

edit - had another look at your profile and I see you have been in your position for 2 years. Perhaps your ideas are sound, but I suggest try to be tactful and accept people are usually reluctant to accept change or criticism.

Edited by TonyMcC