The Power of an Apple

Caffeine makes us more alert because of its chemical properties. I once heard that a glass of apple juice first thing in the morning is just as effective. Can this be true? If so, what are the properties in the apple that cause this?

I have also heard that the seeds of apples contain cianide. It is said that if you collect enough seeds and pulverize them, the resulting mixture would be deadly.

It makes me wonder whether apples contain special properties that don't we know about. An apple tree symbolizes life, and think about Adam and Even and the notion that an apple can keep the doctor away.

Any thoughts?

Caffeine makes us more alert because of its chemical properties. I once heard that a glass of apple juice first thing in the morning is just as effective. Can this be true? If so' date=' what are the properties in the apple that cause this?

I have also heard that the seeds of apples contain cianide. It is said that if you collect enough seeds and pulverize them, the resulting mixture would be deadly.

It makes me wonder whether apples contain special properties that don't we know about. An apple tree symbolizes life, and think about Adam and Even and the notion that an apple can keep the doctor away.

Any thoughts?[/quote']

I know nothing about apples, but many seeds contain cyanide. One that contains quite a bit is peach seeds. Some bitter almonds also.

Pau

PD: I drink apple juice every morning for breakfast, but I remain half sleep until noon!

"Some bitter almonds also."

Is that the reason people smell like bitter almonds when they die of cyanide poisoning? Not that I've ever poisoned anyone with it... ahem.

Some fruits indeed have interesting stuff in them. Especially fruits/seeds with drug-potential are great fun. :)