Bag that follows

rktpro

We have to make a working model on our own scientific idea. I have thought of one but I don't know how to make a working model for it.

I have thought of a bag that follows you. For this, you put a device on the back of your shoe and a device is fitted in the bag. The bag is equipped with wheels for movement. When you move your feet, the device calculates the co-ordinates of the parabola and hence the speed. The device at sole is a radio wave or infrared wave emitter which connects itself to the device in bag. Therefore, the bag automatically follows you.

Now the problems are-

How to make the circuit for this model?

Is a wireless connected device, as explained above, available?

Any other ideas you got will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

|rkt|

EDIT: It is very urgent. I have to days to give my teacher the circuit diagram or any idea that it can work.

Edited by rktpro

Sorry not to help you at all, but if designing the circuit diagram is the assignment, then I think forum rules prevent us from saying how to make that circuit diagram.

It's homework.

I would suggest that you start off by working out the controls. That's entirely mathematical.

Focus on the orientation... how does your bag figure out where you are? It probably needs two receivers to use two signals to calculate your position.

How does it calculate where to go? How do you prevent it from hitting your own feet, because the bag is too close to you?

Make a list of all the inputs it can get, and all the outputs that are required.

Initially, that's all mathematical, and I think it is your assignment to figure this out.

edit: you may want to look up controllers or control theory.

Edited by CaptainPanic

Sorry not to help you at all, but if designing the circuit diagram is the assignment, then I think forum rules prevent us from saying how to make that circuit diagram.

It's homework.

I would suggest that you start off by working out the controls. That's entirely mathematical.

Focus on the orientation... how does your bag figure out where you are? It probably needs two receivers to use two signals to calculate your position.

How does it calculate where to go? How do you prevent it from hitting your own feet, because the bag is too close to you?

Make a list of all the inputs it can get, and all the outputs that are required.

Initially, that's all mathematical, and I think it is your assignment to figure this out.

edit: you may want to look up controllers or control theory.

Your reply is highly appreciated. But, this is not homework.I won't get grades for it. We never get such type of model making. Studying Complex Circuits is not in my syllabus. I can only understand simple ones currently. It is about an exhibition. Since, this idea is completely new, I can't get help from anywhere. My Physics teacher is not a mechanic. I have asked a friend of mine but I am not sure if he could arrange the circuit and the material required.

All I want to know is the material required and how to make the chips and all. I would use your points and tell them to my teacher and if possible, a mechanic (they aren't that intelligent in my area).

Please, it is urgent. I have only a day left to give more details to my sir.

Thank You.

If you're in such a hurry, then you'd better post a list of possible inputs (senses) and necessary outputs (the muscles).

You're asking us to design a circuit (the brain), but we don't even know how many senses our robot has, or what muscles it requires.

What senses does your bag need? What can you measure about the position or location of the bag (especially in relation to the owner)? How does it know where you are?

And what 'muscles' does it need? What are the bare essentials that the bag must do? Think of it as a LEGO toy. What's the absolute minimum amount of engines or actuators that you need, and do you need to control those in an on/off way, or more smooth?

Could you be more helpful and answering?

In all fairness... it is you who is not being very helpful. You're expecting an awful lot from a forum full of volunteers. We're not contractors which you can just give some vague plan, and tell them to work it out for you. You have to give a much more specific idea, so that we can help with the details.

We're not gonna spend some hours of time working out your question, while you're too lazy or too stressed to answer even simple questions such as 2 posts above.